• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New /warp market?
Hey guys, it's Ginga, and today I wanted to talk about /warp market. Since the server reset it has been removed for certain reasons. But I have thought about it and wanted to propose an idea about bringing it back.

So the main reason that /warp market was removed was because of the amount of effort that it took to constantly check the shops to make sure they were in stock, as well as checking the /warp market thread to see who wanted a shop there. I know talking to several staff members (meaning two) that it took a lot out of them day after day checking shops and checking forums to make sure the market wasn't completely out of stock.

I know for a fact that people used /warp market, as I always see players there shopping for items they need. I, for one, constantly used it, waltzing around and collecting wood or food to supply my everyday needs. It gave players a chance to start a shop and make some money, which makes the HT world go 'round. Although I never owned a shop there, I know it helped player's shop names get out, like Big. From Big's market stall, I learned about his other shops that he owned, and I was happy that I found new shops to buy from.

Also, like I stated above, /warp market helped players advertise their shop. Whether it was from owning a shop or placing an ad on the ad stands, it helped players get their shop name out to the people and helped them gather business. Whenever I needed items that /warp market stalls didn't have, I checked the ad signs and would see who had shops that I could check out. It also helped me find towns and farms that I could use to help myself survive. I'm sure there are other players that could say the same thing. And, the fact that it's free, really helps players starting out a chance to make it big here on HT.

Now I can see how staff and other players could not want the return of /warp market. Like I said earlier, it takes a lot out of staff to check if players have kept their shops stocked and checking forums for new entrepeneurs that want to purchase a stall. I could see how players with larger shops could not want market because it might draw business away from them, causing them to lose money.

So, after thinking for awhile, I have come up with an idea about /warp market. Maybe instead of having a staff member run the forums, maybe have a player who is willing to spend time doing the work to keep tabs on shops. Obviously, the player would have to have some perks, so I could see how that could be shot down. Second, change the bi-weekly check to a weekly check. Yes, that means a bit more work, but it ensures that /warp market is stocked and is useful to players. Finally, instead of having 2 warnings regarding the shop being stocked, bump it down to 1 warning. This gives players who are active a change to move into a stall that an inactive player is holding.

Anyways, this is my plan for /warp market. There are some good things that I think might help /warp market and re-open it to the public for players to use. In my opinion, it really helped players make money and get their other shops out to the public, so they can make more money. It also helped players find the items they need without warping constantly to find a shop that's in stock, or that sells the item in general. Bringing /warp market back will require some work, but in the end it could really benefit the server greatly.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, feel free to post input or your opinions on my idea. See ya around! Big Grin
Big Grin The Official "Ginga" on the server Big Grin
Warps I own:
/warp Emporium
/warp Gingshop
/warp Rivertown
/warp minfo

I'd happily be the "manager" of /warp market. I'm on basically every day and I have enough time to check on em at least once a week

If this doesn't get shot down plz ^^^^^

Having a player do this would require they have a perk to look into any locked chest, personally I don't trust any player other than staff to have this along with the ability to set and delete wg regions. I would say no to any non staff player doing this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

(08-09-2016, 07:51 PM)vilneas Wrote: Having a player do this would require they have a perk to look into any locked chest, personally I don't trust any player other than staff to have this along with the ability to set and delete wg regions. I would say no to any non staff player doing this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

If suggest all the staff members working together on this, not a single one