• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Capital city after reset
This won't work IMO... 100 people in one skyscraper? Most players like to be independent. I don't sell at Seagard anymore because people buy houses, then modify them or chop down fucking trees in the town. With the amount of players you are proposing... just no. If you guys do it, then don't let tons of people live in the city (not that many people buy houses anyway. A lot just make their own bases.)

I myself will build myself a lair in the old overworld because creative is bae
The world has moved on, they say...

(07-11-2016, 07:12 AM)Geckorian Wrote: I like the idea of a capitol city. I think it could be a good way for a new player to see the server if the spawn was in or near such a place. I would sugest that one or two people be in charge of overall layout with others building. You may also want to denote zones for neighborhood style builds (example: maybe 4thdoc has a section to build "the bronx" and Obby has a section to build "Manhattan"). It could also work as a collective build where each builder gets a grid to build their own neighborhood w/ a master build connecting them (i.e. freeways, subways, etc.) I would love to see a city in HT that spanned several days walk.

So many new players gonna end up at spawn the gates to the Capitol City should be right outside. The post induction info zone the opposite side of the spawn and the Server shop on one other side.

Even if there is a x4 railway from spawn to these things that would be great.

Or x8 railway to the 8 warps suggested N W S E etc with these things along the way.

That creates a mental map of the server for the player and is better for them.
Come visit my base and shop at:

/WARP MESA

progress?
-Chicky

Haven't heard about a Capitol city but I still think it's a good idea.

I have a spot near spawn so hope to offer free farms, free rooms and a reasonable priced shop

Just laying the foundations of the fort at the minute

When I'm done that ugly wall will be reduced and free movement across my land will be allowed

Create a /warp capital and advertise it for now players to build their first house. With a high number of players living there, grief would be noticed pretty quickly. However, I must admit most people like to live alone in Minecraft.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]