• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What are you going to build on the new map?
I will likely do like I did last time. start with a hovel, then a house, a village, finally a town. I do want to rebuild my tree farm and the aqua-harvest farm but I don't think there is a need for the big cocoa farm I had. I have also had a stray thought of just turning into a supply hub. Don't think I am going to bother with rental units again though. Might just sell lots or build to suit homes.

considering trying to reproduce this apartment building in the new world.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I'm like Undormant -- try and keep all my stupid OTT projects in ONE place.

Old World (what I had):
==================

I had 6 large bases and another 6 smaller ones (mostly spawners), and a long railroad and 30+ rabbit depots for animal deliveries, and 2 incomplete towns. To be fair, /warp wasteland was given to me for free by a player who gave up on it; I did very little with that town. I was trying to put depots every 5000 blocks in a grid pattern -- got half the world covered.

ONE New World Base (ugly industrial site):
=================================

This time, I want ONE main industrial base in deep ocean that I expand over time with a bit of planning to fit things in nicely into 4 separate areas of 160x160 to afk in: animal/egg/crop farm, iron farm, gold farm and villager trading.

If I excavate a large main base area to bedrock, I should find 2-3 spawners in a 320 x 320 area. Drive corridors to light up all caves -- much easier to do in deep ocean. I found 4 spawners in that size of area in the old world (the abandoned mine helped a lot).

Separate Town to Live In:
====================

Then rebuild a separate town with 2 other players on an ocean island or peninsula -- we had the town almost ready to open in the old world. There were 3 nice castles for the founders, some homes for sale and some nice building lots Sad

Nether Railroad Grid:
================

Animal delivery depots are a problem. I want to expand to delivering villagers which means boats or railroads because I can't fly villagers on leads. The smaller new world means that I can have animal depots with villager breeding units every 3000 blocks and still only need 9 to be within 3000 of any point.

Anyone interested in helping me build a dual track railroad network in the Nether to connect the 9 depots?

I aim to make a grid with intersections every 375 blocks (or 3000 in the overworld). It will be 3 high by 4 wide with a 4 wide cobble base and 2 x 3 high cobble walls, all tight against the roof -- if Ghasts can't see you through glass, then I prefer glass walls. Create Ghast proof entrances every 38 blocks (powered rail locations) to allow players to enter and leave.

Calculate exact locations in the overworld for the portal to appear, build a platform high up in the sky, then make the portal from the Nether side to hit the platform in the world.

This works out to 3 parallel rail lines that are 1125 blocks long crossing another 3 perpendicular lines -- 6,750 blocks of rail.

I will wait until /fly is available though -- spend the first month getting my main base roughed in with at least 1 spawner for XP.
/Rowebot

(07-16-2016, 10:01 PM)Bigassmofo0204 Wrote: Restarting with a small dome than a bigger dome than A EVEN Bigger Dome!

Looking forward to visiting your DOMEain

(yes i know it's spelled domain)
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

Vil, that's the best idea ever! I want to help!
-DrBot

(07-16-2016, 11:46 PM)Salak Wrote: Vil, that's the best idea ever! I want to help!
My personal projects I build alone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
[Image: rIcAAht.png?1]

(07-16-2016, 11:53 PM)vilneas Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 11:46 PM)Salak Wrote: Vil, that's the best idea ever! I want to help!
My personal projects I build alone.

I meant to say Rowe. I guess got your names mixed up because you're both equally awesome ?. Sorry.
-DrBot

Rowe is awesome I may help with that it never occurred to me to take advantage of the different proportions of the nether for rail then back into overworld good one!

(07-16-2016, 10:29 PM)vilneas Wrote: Been thinking of doing some sort of village in an extreme hills with houses and what not on the sides of the hills, with what would be long rope bridges from hill to hill. I fully expect to be looking for a good area for about 6 or 7 hours.

I need extreme hills / mountains on a large island next to a huge ocean so I can lay claim to all of it Smile

Heres to hoping we find what we need!^
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

Yeah, I have seen others railroad villagers into the nether and out. I know it can be done. The 8 to 1 speed up is fantastic. The Ghasts shooting at you and pigmen cluttering up the rail, not so much Smile

If I get help then I will try to create dual tracks on which people can move their goods. Figure out the best ways for people to use it and expand it.

If it is me alone, then I will be doing unprotected single cobble roadway track from my one main base to depots every 3000 and then branch lines to each delivery site. And banning anyone who touches it without my permission Smile
/Rowebot

I originally had my base complex of floating, artificial "islands" of just grass blocks, with farm, nether portal, 2nd story with bar and artificial nature preserves, a town called SuperDroid Islands, all made out of floating grass blocks like my home base, another town I purchased from Lowri I renamed to SuperDroid City (Not planning to do a conventional build like that), and a small fortress/outpost with historically-inspired watchtowers around the perimeter called SuperDroid Outpost 1.

I now plan to start from humble beginnings, making a camp office/station hopefully in a snowy biome, with enough room on the 2nd story to house 4 players (just chests, furnaces, beds, etc.) at the bare minimum. The station will hopefully be adorned by my original banners at some point, but I gotta find the requisite dyes.

After that, staying in the snowy biome for (hopefully) less warps, due to expenses, I'll build more stone brick watchtowers like my old ones near the fortress, but these I might actually LIVE in, as before, I made them habitable (bed, furnace, chests, armor stand, etc.) but I had no one operating the towers. Just for decoration, I suppose. I'll move out of the camp station and leave it open to house newcomers who might like the biome and move into a watchtower.

Eventually, I'll make more watchtowers, link them with stone walls, and enclose a keep and have my new fortress. After all that is done, I'll search for an open ocean biome to make a new SuperDroid Islands project. Of course, by then, I should have plenty of funds or a Silk Touch shovel/pick to purchase/mine my grass blocks.

This is a long-term plan, but I'm happy I have something to do, as I'm getting tired of my Xbox One/360 games of old, and I want to play something more constructive. Also been spending more time reading and uncovering old G1 Transformers from my walk-in collection closet Smile
Roger, Roger.