• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What are you going to build on the new map?
Big spiky evil castle/lair in the old overworld because I don't want to go punching wood and digging iron without /fly for a month.
The world has moved on, they say...

Can the nether railroad be above the nether? That way we won't have to dig through a bunch of nether rack and place blocks down below the railroad. Can mobs spawn above the railroad? Would the overworld component of above the nether be too high to build on? Can nether portals be made above the nether bedrock or do they not light?
-DrBot

Rebuilding /warp Kindred, finishing /warp Runeterra and /warp fnaf in one way. c:
[Image: syRUFYP.jpg]

(07-17-2016, 06:10 PM)Salak Wrote: Can the nether railroad be above the nether? That way we won't have to dig through a bunch of nether rack and place blocks down below the railroad. Can mobs spawn above the railroad? Would the overworld component of above the nether be too high to build on? Can nether portals be made above the nether bedrock or do they not light?

We don't forbid glitching above the Nether, but warps up there are forbidden and portals from the overworld will never link to a portal above the Nether, making it pretty annoying to have to ender pearl through the ceiling every time. Also makes it impossible to send mobs through.

Iem guineng tu buield mueh pluns
Translation from derp-english I'm going to build my plans
Y u no let me upload photos e.e
Torus and floating island
http://www.plotz.co.uk/plotz-model.php?model=Torus

The only reason I want a rail is to move mobs, so above the nether ceiling will not work.

I have a simple cross over design to use that is manual. You hit a stopping point. Get out, change up to 4 switches in a circle of rail, get in, hit a button and go. Lets you switch from your incoming rail (1 of 4) to all 4 outgoing rails even back the way you came.

I will look for a redstone design that lets you hit 1 of 4 buttons without leaving the minecart BUT I prefer KISS -- Keep It Simple Stupid -- so any insanely complicated design won't get used. Plus I want to stop and redirect a train of 3 or 4 carts holding mobs.

I am going to check in creative, but I think we need to make the rail bed 5 wide and separate the 2 rails by a block. This lets a switch be inserted to create a branch line.

Note to left side drivers in the UK, Japan, and elsewhere. I will be using right side rule for direction because that feels natural to me :-)
/Rowebot

(07-17-2016, 05:11 PM)Arrei Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 12:47 AM)Rowebot Wrote: Yeah, I have seen others railroad villagers into the nether and out.  I know it can be done.  The 8 to 1 speed up is fantastic.  The Ghasts shooting at you and pigmen cluttering up the rail, not so much Smile

If I get help then I will try to create dual tracks on which people can move their goods.  Figure out the best ways for people to use it and expand it.

If it is me alone, then I will be doing unprotected single cobble roadway track from my one main base to depots every 3000 and then branch lines to each delivery site.  And banning anyone who touches it without my permission Smile

Incidentally, as of 1.10 mobs can't spawn on rails anymore. So Nether transport's a lot less annoying now.

I'd been thinking that this time around, not only do I want to keep flight to a minimum, I want to rely on teleports as little as possible, too. Would be neat if there were some kind of Nether railroad with regular stops where a player can use switches to decide which way they wanted to go. Could connect farms and towns and such.

I agree, imma going to make a rail system to various locations I don't want warps, and for where I do want them, I got something really clever! my aforementioned Ship Warp system, ill have it at every town with a dock! all leading to eachother and back and ittle just be so cool! I plan to merge fun travel with the convenience of warps!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

(07-17-2016, 01:05 AM)The_Epic_Legend Wrote: Well the villager isles wasn't make to be mob proof,a s that's ugly and hard to do, all it had was torches on the homes and street lights, 1.9 happens, the iron golems couldn't quicklyand easily kill all the zombies cause they got rekt by skellys, and all my villagers were eaten and turned, 1 by 1

I was sadly disapointed that the island did not work our for you. It was a really cool idea and I loved the layout. I still think more lighting was the issue but adding torches everywhere would have looked cheep.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I take it with the new protection system I could technically protect a railway along a long stretch of one block and two blocks high?
Come visit my base and shop at:

/WARP MESA

(07-17-2016, 10:30 PM)undormant Wrote: I take it with the new protection system I could technically protect a railway along a long stretch of one block and two blocks high?

From what I heard, protections extend from 4 blocks below you place it up to the sky. It could be one block in width and really long but the right would be a lot higher than that. I think that protections would be best if you chose two corners of the box you want to protect rather than always having it protect up to the sky.
-DrBot