• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What are you going to build on the new map?
(07-17-2016, 10:47 PM)Salak Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 10:30 PM)undormant Wrote: I take it with the new protection system I could technically protect a railway along a long stretch of one block and two blocks high?

From what I heard, protections extend from 4 blocks below you place it up to the sky. It could be one block in width and really long but the right would be a lot higher than that. I think that protections would be best if you chose two corners of the box you want to protect rather than always having it protect up to the sky.

Hmm it does present potential problems if protecting a railway. Maybe.

I guess we will find out!
Come visit my base and shop at:

/WARP MESA

(07-16-2016, 11:35 PM)Rowebot Wrote: Nether Railroad Grid:
================

Animal delivery depots are a problem.  I want to expand to delivering villagers which means boats or railroads because I can't fly villagers on leads.  The smaller new world means that I can have animal depots with villager breeding units every 3000 blocks and still only need 9 to be within 3000 of any point.

Anyone interested in helping me build a dual track railroad network in the Nether to connect the 9 depots?

I aim to make a grid with intersections every 375 blocks (or 3000 in the overworld).  It will be 3 high by 4 wide with a 4 wide cobble base and 2 x 3 high cobble walls, all tight against the roof -- if Ghasts can't see you through glass, then I prefer glass walls.  Create Ghast proof entrances every 38 blocks (powered rail locations) to allow players to enter and leave.

Calculate exact locations in the overworld for the portal to appear, build a platform high up in the sky, then make the portal from the Nether side to hit the platform in the world.

This works out to 3 parallel rail lines that are 1125 blocks long crossing another 3 perpendicular lines -- 6,750 blocks of rail.

I will wait until /fly is available though -- spend the first month getting my main base roughed in with at least 1 spawner for XP.

What's the progress of this? I need it done so I can transport my villagers Big Grin
I want to help build it.
-DrBot

Salak,

For the Nether railroad network, I have /fly back which was essential to start; but I am super busy at work right now -- working into the evening instead of playing HT Sad

I have a few double chests of cobble saved up and working on the obsidian I need. I don't have an iron farm nor a gold farm yet, so making the rails and powered rails is a problem.

Do you have a couple points that you need to transport between immediately? Or like me, waiting for orders to do deliveries and waiting for rail before taking too many orders?

The only tricky part of the rail is setting the portals to/from Nether so they line up and don't go to a different portal. The only reliable way is to create the portal pair from the Nether side.

My base is on the 3000 radius circle in the main world, so that is the rail circle I want to do first -- leaves every point in the world within 3000 blocks of the rail.

So the first thing is to establish the building pattern we will follow then put in the first ring with spur lines to a portal at your base and another to the portal at my base. We add portals along the ring for every 3000 (375 Nether) blocks with switches to add spur lines at those points as well -- that is 8 points plus 2 for our bases.
/Rowebot

An enormous underwater base, mined everything out till bedrock, so I have enough space to build my base Big Grin
Let the STEAK rule!!!