• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What are you going to build on the new map?
(07-16-2016, 11:35 PM)Rowebot Wrote: Nether Railroad Grid:
================

Animal delivery depots are a problem.  I want to expand to delivering villagers which means boats or railroads because I can't fly villagers on leads.  The smaller new world means that I can have animal depots with villager breeding units every 3000 blocks and still only need 9 to be within 3000 of any point.

Anyone interested in helping me build a dual track railroad network in the Nether to connect the 9 depots?

I aim to make a grid with intersections every 375 blocks (or 3000 in the overworld).  It will be 3 high by 4 wide with a 4 wide cobble base and 2 x 3 high cobble walls, all tight against the roof -- if Ghasts can't see you through glass, then I prefer glass walls.  Create Ghast proof entrances every 38 blocks (powered rail locations) to allow players to enter and leave.

Calculate exact locations in the overworld for the portal to appear, build a platform high up in the sky, then make the portal from the Nether side to hit the platform in the world.

This works out to 3 parallel rail lines that are 1125 blocks long crossing another 3 perpendicular lines -- 6,750 blocks of rail.

I will wait until /fly is available though -- spend the first month getting my main base roughed in with at least 1 spawner for XP.

What's the progress of this? I need it done so I can transport my villagers Big Grin
I want to help build it.
-DrBot

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are you going to build on the new map? - by DrBot - 07-29-2016, 08:18 PM