• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What are you going to build on the new map?
The only reason I want a rail is to move mobs, so above the nether ceiling will not work.

I have a simple cross over design to use that is manual. You hit a stopping point. Get out, change up to 4 switches in a circle of rail, get in, hit a button and go. Lets you switch from your incoming rail (1 of 4) to all 4 outgoing rails even back the way you came.

I will look for a redstone design that lets you hit 1 of 4 buttons without leaving the minecart BUT I prefer KISS -- Keep It Simple Stupid -- so any insanely complicated design won't get used. Plus I want to stop and redirect a train of 3 or 4 carts holding mobs.

I am going to check in creative, but I think we need to make the rail bed 5 wide and separate the 2 rails by a block. This lets a switch be inserted to create a branch line.

Note to left side drivers in the UK, Japan, and elsewhere. I will be using right side rule for direction because that feels natural to me :-)
/Rowebot

Messages In This Thread
RE: What are you going to build on the new map? - by Rowebot - 07-17-2016, 08:05 PM