• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Server Grand Re-Opening! 6PM PST!
Ladies and mentlegen, it's finally time! While there are still a few loose ends to clean up, we are finally ready to re-open HomeTown to the public, at 6PM Pacific Standard Time! (That's in about an hour and a half after this posting if you're not timezone-savvy. Spread the word!) We've updated a bunch of plugins, culled out stuff that didn't work, and now have a brand-new world for your building pleasure. We wanted to put more time between the announcement and opening, but... I think it's safe to say we've already waited a lot longer than we expected!

What's Changed?

So with our grand re-opening, some things have changed pretty significantly.

Economy! With a new server comes a new, hopefully more successful, economy system! Gone are the days when new players can join the server with enough money burning in their pockets to buy 70 diamonds. Everyone now starts from scratch, with nary a penny to their name. So how does one make money, you ask? Well, voting gets you $60 now - sounds like a lot, right? Ha ha ha NO. Voting is no longer the primary source of income - instead, it is now possible to sell select resources to the server shop at /warp shop, consisting of mining items and wood. You can sell gravel, granite, andesite, diorite, obsidian, redstone blocks, gold ore, and iron ore to the store - take notice that says ORE and not ingots, as well as oak, birch, spruce, and jungle logs, as well as their leaves, to offer an incentive for people to take some shears and cut up those tree leaves instead of leaving them floating around! Diamonds will NOT be offered in the store, but our intention is that they will start at a minimum value of $100 each, the same value as one stack of iron ore. Players are free to regulate the economy on their own, but you're going to want to get your money's worth for your work, am I right?

Warps! Players are now able to set their own warps! Typing /warp in-game will bring up a GUI in which a player can view lists of existing warps, as well as set their own, even for public or private use, no staff input required! With the new economy, warps are now $500 each, or the price of five diamonds. Changing warps is 20% of the price as before, so $100. Unfortunately, with our new warping plugin comes a few shortcomings, as it is a relatively new plugin: VIPs might be dismayed to hear that we are unable to offer the VIP warp discount anymore - the plugin currently does not support offering different prices to different ranks. In addition, the warps currently do not work with horses. We've left a comment for the plugin author to consider adding this functionality in, so keep your fingers, toes, and eyebrows crossed!

Grief Prevention! We have now switched from Protection Stones to using GriefPrevention's golden shovel land claim functionality. Details can be found at our new /warp protect, but basic info you'll want to know is that players start with 500 blocks worth of land claiming (that's calculated by flat area, not by 3-D volume), which claims from 5 blocks below your claim up to the sky. Every time you vote, you will gain an additional 64 blocks of space, meaning you will increase your allotted space by one chunk each day. If that's too slow for you, we will also have signs to buy more space at a rate of $256 per chunk, a dollar per block basically. But our dedicated staff team will still fix any grief incurred, even if you were unable to claim an area. Always! Usually. Sometimes. When we're not on our doughnut break, maybe.

However, as I mentioned, there are a few loose ends to clean up. So listen up!

For two weeks minimum, flight and speed are unavailable. We don't like restricting VIPs, as they've donated to help keep us afloat, but in the interest of keeping the game fair and fun for all people involved, we can't allow such powerful commands to be used until everyone's had a fair shot at finding their perfect spot. Once that time is up, flight will be reenabled in the main overworld - however, flight may need to still be disabled in the Nether and End for a while longer yet. At least until people have claimed all the Elytras and such.

The head shop is currently closed. We've run into unexpected issues with heads, making us unable to make them available for sale at present. Obviously that's no reason to keep the server closed for even longer, so we'll be going ahead with opening the server and blocking off the head shop for the time being.

The old world will need more time to become available for access. Our original plan was to connect the old world and the new with a bungee cord so people could hop between the two and still communicate with each other. Unfortunately, the bungee isn't going to work without some major security flaws, so that idea's out. Currently, Frost is contemplating simply making the old world available on a separate connection, in Adventure mode, for players to access and see old work. We're still working on finalizing the details, but decided to open the new world first.

That's it! In just a little while longer, the server will be up and we can finally all get back to playing. See you there! Maybe. I-it's not like I want to see you or anything, b-baka...

1:19:00 

on the timer...

Lez get hypeedddd

I'll try to be there I can sleep later.

Arg! Yes. Guess I'm staying up late Smile

Btw I intend on building a house first so I automatically am entitled to 100 blocks in any direction of it right?

Yes!!! I love the new additions only a few hours to go :3!!!
Have a great day!  Angel

04:00 AM, sweet.
On the plus side it makes it easier to resist the temptation of staying up for it.
[Image: 44d3388ebe.jpg]

(07-18-2016, 06:45 AM)Alyex227 Wrote: 04:00 AM, sweet.
On the plus side it makes it easier to resist the temptation of staying up for it.

What country you in?

Feh! Sleep, who needs it? What has sleep ever done for you?

It's so tsundere at the end. 

what am i doing with my life anymore..... oh well~

(07-18-2016, 06:46 AM)JamieKnightOnline Wrote:

What country you in?

Israel. GMT + 0200
[Image: 44d3388ebe.jpg]