• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Land Claims Getting Silly
Exclamation 
Hi all,

The last couple of days I have seen signs and heard in chat, ridiculous land claims that really have to be addressed.

It seems that people think that putting signs up and building nothing or starting a build gives them the right to claim multiple biomes!

Cobblestone walls too would appear to be appearing all over the place plastered with signs and gobbling up huge areas! Cheap and not really a build.

Three Players in chat earlier:
--
Player1: “i need 5421 claim blocks to claim the mountain.”
Player2: “i'm going round my mountain placing signs on cobble fence with a torch saying its claimed”
Player1: “i put signs but the mountains p big ”
Player1 Continued: “and its surrounded by like 3 biomes so no one is going to really look”
Player2: “just wondering if people can still legit build on it because it isn't officially claimed by claim bl”
Player3: “As long as you have something placed there”
Player1: “since you put signs and you built there first”
Player1 Continued: “staff can do their thing with grief and stuff”
--
So the building of 100 blocks away from a build is offset by placing a sign or cobble wall?!
A sign or cobble wall is not a build!

If this is true then when the server reset, if someone had run around the world border placing signs and built a mud hut in the middle of the World all players would have had to grief to be able to build. Silly example but you get the point.

My base is underground but I can imagine new players are going to be put off if everywhere they go there’s a sign in their face.

Can staff please address this issue as land claims are getting more outlandish by the day.
Thanks
CleeWarrior (Mike)
Confused  ** No my build has not been griefed, that's my build style ** Big Grin

We've stated multiple times claiming land you have no intention of actually using is not allowed. If it appears an area has been claimed solely for the purpose of claiming as much valuable real estate as possible, staff will sort it out between relevant parties.

(07-21-2016, 04:07 AM)Arrei Wrote: We've stated multiple times claiming land you have no intention of actually using is not allowed. If it appears an area has been claimed solely for the purpose of claiming as much valuable real estate as possible, staff will sort it out between relevant parties.

Hi Arrei,

Many thanks for the reply. It's good to know as I even saw a tree claimed today with a sign!

Thanks for confirming the above, it's much appreciated.
CleeWarrior (Mike)
Confused  ** No my build has not been griefed, that's my build style ** Big Grin

I agree that placing noob huts and signs on land you will never use is bad. I can also see where people might get carried away with trying to stake out their land. But I can also see where if you have plans for a big build you would want to stake out the borders of that build with something. I can also see where people would not want to run into the problems we had on the last world where they find a spot and start building only to find out that there is someone already there on the other side of a hill or tree line or worse, underground with no markers above ground to indicate they are there.
I personally have plans for a large sprawling city and have marked rough borders of where I plan to build that city with small guardhouses. I have done this because we are only allowed a limited number of starting bricks w/ the gold shovels and it would otherwise be easy for someone to come along, mark a spot 100 bricks from my claim blocks and lay down their claim blocks. I don't want that to happen. By the terms of HT, my guard houses prevent that while I gather the needed materials and terraform to build my city.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

I have done this, to a VERY small extent. Instead of claiming, I've put up 3 fences with a sign each on top saying "Area claimed by brutegammer". Reason being, I'm not sure how much of this (rather small, honestly) area I'm going to want, and I want to build my house, claim it perfectly, and THEN talk about what I own and don't own. Y'know?
Otherwise known as Xelbot. Creator, engineer, thinker. Nice to meet you!

Me and Laur (Player 1, I believe) claimed the mountain because we actually needed it for our WIP town. Other than that I don't think we've claimed any land that isn't needed. Big Grin
[Image: Jh4Rh61.png]  

I havent been claiming any land for many reasosn, one of them is that ive trief but had no idea even after watching the tutorial video and other rules. Secondly i have no idea what land i can claim, since i dont know isthere builds near or not. Dismissed. After all, this new system is cool, but heck is it complicated for stupid people like me. Ik its not supposed to, you can call me lazy or stupid all you want, but hey, atleast i tried. So nothing wrong with the system i guess...
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

(07-21-2016, 03:54 PM)Rasse82 Wrote: I havent been claiming any land for many reasosn, one of them is that ive trief but had no idea even after watching the tutorial video and other rules. 

Protection stones --> Golden shovel
Place end portal frane --> right click each corner of the area you want to protect
/PS reclaim --> /unclaim
/Ps add IGN --> /trust IGN
/PS remove IGN --> /untrust IGN
-DrBot

This mess is why I claim islands XD it has pre-determined borders lol, all I gotta worry about is my sphere of influence in the sea (AKA Ships, Underwater domes) and to a minor extect, my future rail way project
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

(07-21-2016, 04:39 AM)Geckorian Wrote: I agree that placing noob huts and signs on land you will never use is bad. I can also see where people might get carried away with trying to stake out their land. But I can also see where if you have plans for a big build you would want to stake out the borders of that build with something. I can also see where people would not want to run into the problems we had on the last world where they find a spot and start building only to find out that there is someone already there on the other side of a hill or tree line or worse, underground with no markers above ground to indicate they are there.
I personally have plans for a large sprawling city and have marked rough borders of where I plan to build that city with small guardhouses. I have done this because we are only allowed a limited number of starting bricks w/ the gold shovels and it would otherwise be easy for someone to come along, mark a spot 100 bricks from my claim blocks and lay down their claim blocks. I don't want that to happen. By the terms of HT, my guard houses prevent that while I gather the needed materials and terraform to build my city.

Well, by this we do not mean fencing off the area you think you need for any grandiose plans - I've done that, myself. We don't mean laying claim to dungeons or other structures one intends to sell, either. When we say land, we mean land - we've seen people running around claiming land they think is valuable, while their actual builds are somewhere completely different, and selling entire biomes is not something we will condone.