• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple survival worlds
Needs to be large enough for towns yet small enough to explore on foot -- maybe 4000x4000. Put in roads and railroads to connect all plots along world guarded greenbelts. Space becomes valuable. Plots revert for admin resale if you are idle too long but you can resell your plot or own the plots as a group. Same for city plots and market stalls. The free city plot may be a 45 x 45 x 15 quarter floor in a city skyscraper where the outside walls and glass panes are unbreakable.

The free plots never revert for resale so they should become chest room vaults once you have a home -- so if you leave MC for 6 months, at least your chests of stuff are still there. Maybe add a /chestroom command to take you there -- we could even have the rooms underground with no doors -- that leaves plenty of space for the 32,000 players that have tried HT so far.
/Rowebot

(01-16-2016, 12:36 AM)Rowebot Wrote: Needs to be large enough for towns yet small enough to explore on foot -- maybe 4000x4000. Put in roads and railroads to connect all plots along world guarded greenbelts. Space becomes valuable. Plots revert for admin resale if you are idle too long but you can resell your plot or own the plots as a group. Same for city plots and market stalls. The free city plot may be a 45 x 45 x 15 quarter floor in a city skyscraper where the outside walls and glass panes are unbreakable.

The free plots never revert for resale so they should become chest room vaults once you have a home -- so if you leave MC for 6 months, at least your chests of stuff are still there. Maybe add a /chestroom command to take you there -- we could even have the rooms underground with no doors -- that leaves plenty of space for the 32,000 players that have tried HT so far.
nvm not digging this idea so much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

Oshakai, these are my ideas for what appeals to me. Feel free to suggest your own.

I like the idea of a separate world for a gentle reset of the main world or a second trusted build-exhibition never-reset world.

The expansion of my ideas on a build-exhibition world, tackles what I think is needed to avoid world resets yet get a viable fun MC experience that keep people interested in playing. Having an ever evolving exhibition build world -- a city surrounded by towns that has only so much space to build on -- this triggers the build competition and build renewal. 4000 x 4000 where half is greenbelt corridors and the rest 100 x 100 plots in different size clusters only leaves 800 potential plots, take 200 away to make the city, that leaves 600 plots for several hundred active HT players. Bump the world border by 1000 as it fills up and demand for plots gets too much.

Since I am not a town builder or an exhibition builder, my ideas may not be correct.

What appeals to you for a second build world? What would keep you playing longer on HT?

Rereading the thread. Oshakai, are you more interested in a second 40,000 x 40,000 main world where only ranked "whitelisted" players play in to avoid incomplete ugly newbie builds? Where we can impose a time limit for inactivity before your builds are reverted?
/Rowebot

(01-16-2016, 02:21 AM)Rowebot Wrote: Oshakai, these are my ideas for what appeals to me. Feel free to suggest your own.

I like the idea of a separate world for a gentle reset of the main world or a second trusted build-exhibition never-reset world.

The expansion of my ideas on a build-exhibition world, tackles what I think is needed to avoid world resets yet get a viable fun MC experience that keep people interested in playing. Having an ever evolving exhibition build world -- a city surrounded by towns that has only so much space to build on -- this triggers the build competition and build renewal. 4000 x 4000 where half is greenbelt corridors and the rest 100 x 100 plots in different size clusters only leaves 800 potential plots, take 200 away to make the city, that leaves 600 plots for several hundred active HT players. Bump the world border by 1000 as it fills up and demand for plots gets too much.

Since I am not a town builder or an exhibition builder, my ideas may not be correct.

What appeals to you for a second build world? What would keep you playing longer on HT?

Rereading the thread. Oshakai, are you more interested in a second 40,000 x 40,000 main world where only ranked "whitelisted" players play in to avoid incomplete ugly newbie builds? Where we can impose a time limit for inactivity before your builds are reverted?
Kinda. I liked the idea of having a seperate world where only active players have houses/settlements and hqving old builds removed if the owner is inactive.

(01-16-2016, 04:52 AM)Oshakai Wrote:
(01-16-2016, 02:21 AM)Rowebot Wrote: Oshakai, these are my ideas for what appeals to me. Feel free to suggest your own.

Kinda. I liked the idea of having a seperate world where only active players have houses/settlements and hqving old builds removed if the owner is inactive.

But the plot system doesn't sit very well with me. I dont like to be constrained when I build because I get random ideas that pop in my head that helps me build.

[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

Like I said, I am not a builder for towns and cities, or even castles and fortresses in the wilds. Your way is easier to administer.

My concern is the original world becomes a ghetto for new players where all the veteran players move to the whitelisted world. If there is no compelling reason to return to the main world, then the server will not gain veteran players because new players do not have the patience to wait for access to the 'good' world. Even staff would tend to play on the whitelisted world.

A possible way around this is if the whitelisted world has worldguard settings such that new players can join and build on a town plot but cannot break blocks anywhere else on the world. This can be done by town owners setting up p-stones to allow new players to build within the p-stone influence. But veteran players can build anywhere on the whitelisted world subject to server rules.

I would also argue that mob caps be very low (like 5 per chunk) to force XP farms and breeding to be done on the main "commercial" world. Otherwise, like I said veteran players have no need to go back to the main world.

The nice thing about a new separate whitelisted world, is that FrostVincent can set different world rules.

One rule might be to force players to cluster their builds into claimed areas. This might be as simple as convention: build a high tower centered in a chunk to claim so many chunks out in a square. Or it could be buying a "mega"-p-stone that claims the land around it -- nice because for more land, you buy more stones. Easier to admin because builds in unclaimed lands can be rolled back (or torn down for reuse) and you can't expand without buying and claiming the land. And if the "mega"-p-stones can only be rented by the month, inactive players need a big bank balance to keep their builds protected Smile -- oh, economic stimulus Smile.

Another rule would allow builds by inactive players to be rolled back or torn down for reuse after a reasonable time, say 6 months.

We could have HOA type rules for the ugly build haters to stop my ugly builds, lol. But seriously, with the main world and resource world, there is no need for strip mining and big ugly farms on the whitelisted world -- you could still hide this activity underground in areas that you have claimed.
/Rowebot

(01-16-2016, 06:57 AM)Rowebot Wrote: Like I said, I am not a builder for towns and cities, or even castles and fortresses in the wilds.  Your way is easier to administer.

My concern is the original world becomes a ghetto for new players where all the veteran players move to the whitelisted world.  If there is no compelling reason to return to the main world, then the server will not gain veteran players because new players do not have the patience to wait for access to the 'good' world.  Even staff would tend to play on the whitelisted world.

A possible way around this is if the whitelisted world has worldguard settings such that new players can join and build on a town plot but cannot break blocks anywhere else on the world.  This can be done by town owners setting up p-stones to allow new players to build within the p-stone influence.  But veteran players can build anywhere on the whitelisted world subject to server rules.

I would also argue that mob caps be very low (like 5 per chunk) to force XP farms and breeding to be done on the main "commercial" world.  Otherwise, like I said veteran players have no need to go back to the main world.

The nice thing about a new separate whitelisted world, is that FrostVincent can set different world rules.

One rule might be to force players to cluster their builds into claimed areas.  This might be as simple as convention: build a high tower centered in a chunk to claim so many chunks out in a square.  Or it could be buying a "mega"-p-stone that claims the land around it -- nice because for more land, you buy more stones.  Easier to admin because builds in unclaimed lands can be rolled back (or torn down for reuse) and you can't expand without buying and claiming the land.  And if the "mega"-p-stones can only be rented by the month, inactive players need a big bank balance to keep their builds protected Smile -- oh, economic stimulus Smile.

Another rule would allow builds by inactive players to be rolled back or torn down for reuse after a reasonable time, say 6 months.

We could have HOA type rules for the ugly build haters to stop my ugly builds, lol.  But seriously, with the main world and resource world, there is no need for strip mining and big ugly farms on the whitelisted world -- you could still hide this activity underground in areas that you have claimed.
That sounds like a plot server to me.
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

JoBot2014, I have only ever played on HT and my private servers with my son.

There is such a thing as a plot server? Cool, Google tells me yes with dedicated plugins to support it. Oh and a towny plugin -- ugh war mode, and ... argh, pull up, pull up, don't go into the interweb tubes, rowebot, pull up.... Smile
/Rowebot

Lol, Tbh I personally am still in favor of a full reset, as much as it would upset people.

I agree with rowe, this will create a getto, and as for guy's note, I have to agree with him, while it may upset people I say we should finally reset, besides having 2 worlds will cost to much on time and money, plus it may lag, and cause issues.
ethan if you would like, I can seach for you a nice place to live
Your Friendly Neighborhood Clumsy Goofball Nerd

Best Playlist Ever (Always Growing):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...VOYZLv-_MG

I think that perm-banned players should have their build wiped. And if a banned player does not appeal within a certain amount of time, the same thing there. If you find a build that looks inactive, could a staff member check if that player is banned?

Alternatively, we could announce a reset and give everyone 6 months to move their shit to the resource world before resetting. Then that becomes the survival world, and a new resource world is made.

Of course, we would stop resetting the resource world once a month
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]