Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I believe there's been a mistake
Server you were banned on (SMP): Hometown SMP

Minecraft name: Riavis (SmolOcelot)

Reason for your ban: Xray (supposedly!)

Who banned you: Grimm

Why should you be unbanned: I don't know what to say, really. I don't xray (heck I can't even get optifine to work) I don't strip mine. I go mining for pockets of granite/gravel/diorite etc to sell to warp shop, and diamonds found during the trips are sold as well (I have no use for spare diamonds). If I go a while without hitting anything good, I'll rewarp to beginning of res world and start from a new spot. So my mining techniques tend to be a bit... consistently inconsistent. If I hit an appreciable amount of diamonds I tend to sell almost immediately because of my bad luck tendencies with lava.

Why do you want to come back: I've stated many times how much I love this server, if the appeal is denied I'll probably just drop minecraft again. I'm not mad or anything, I could see how this could fall within xray pattern format and don't really fault anyone. ***If it would help anything, I'll just avoid mining at all if you'll let me back, other than for terraforming purposes*** With this measure in place, there could be no denying patterns, intentions, or anything. And I would not complain at all about monitoring to make sure I stick to that. I could always cut trees or sell builds for server money instead!

EDIT: i r bad spellur

(11-24-2016, 01:52 AM)Riavis Wrote: Reason for your ban: Xray (supposedly!)

Why should you be unbanned: I don't know what to say, really. I don't xray (heck I can't even get optifine to work) I don't strip mine. I go mining for pockets of granite/gravel/diorite etc to sell to warp shop, and diamonds found during the trips are sold as well (I have no use for spare diamonds).

HomeTown Offense Report

Offender’s IGN: [VIP3] SmolOcelot (Riavis)

Victim’s IGN: N/A

Offense: X-raying Diamonds

Evidence: https://postimg.org/gallery/26laahvak/437c44c6/

Timeline:  (Due to a large amount of visual evidence, please, refer to the postimg gallery for all evidence).  All evidence was gathered around 3PM GMT, Riavis' account mined the diamonds between 7AM - 8AM GMT.

Evidence examples:

1. I was running my usual checks of diamond ore finds via CoreProtect when I noticed Riavis' finds.  Within 1.28hr (1hr, 16min, 48sec), Riavis had found 35 datalog pages of diamonds (~23 diamond ore veins) at varying levels and locations.  It was suspicious, so I proceeded to investigate.
  2. Upon teleporting to one location, I found Riavis had mined through the wall of a mine owned by ImperialDramonFM and found diamonds.  There were no indicators that the ore was found by chance, such as adjacent ore veins.
  3. 3A:  Not far from evidence point #2, Riavis had once more mined through the wall of ImperialDramonFM's mine.  3B:  After mining a single layer of plain stone, Riavis uncovered diamonds.  3C - 3E: Riavis continued to mine a tunnel and picked up more diamonds
  4. 4A:  In a mine owned by TastyBinch69 ([Mod] Lex), Riavis mined through the stone floor of a tunnel, which uncovered a diamond ore vein (4B)
  5. 5A:  In a cave system explored by NukedIceCream, Riavis mined through the end of a tunnel and uncovered diamonds through a stone wall (5B)
  6. 6A:  In a cave system, Riavis dug at an angle through a cave wall and uncovered diamonds.  From spectator-mode, evidence points 6B and 6C show Riavis mining straight towards diamond veins, adjusting for height differences to ensure they were found.
  7. 7A:  Right across the entry-tunnel to example 6A, Riavis mined through a wall of the cave system and uncovered a diamond ore vein through plain stone (7B)
[Mod] TheOnlyKat and [Enforcer] ThatGuy–in direct statements to me–confirmed my findings.

Action Taken: IP-banned

Observations:  You claim you don't x-ray, but the evidence gathered and multiple staff-members say otherwise.  Also, you claim you mine for pockets of granite, gravel, andesite, diorite, etc. to sell to /warp shop.  However, in evidence images 3E and beyond, one will clearly see that you skipped pockets of blocks you claim to be mining to sell.  There are discrepancies in your account of events in comparison to the evidence being held against you.

People were upset this morning when I had to ban your account.  I was upset, as you sent me that "Thank you" PM to me three days ago in admiration of Vilneas, myself, and our staff-work on the server.  Between being thanked and having to ban your account days later, it's left me very conflicted.  I know about all that you've done for this server, which only made it a much more bitter pill to swallow having to drop the hammer.

I have to follow where the evidence goes, which is why I have to deny this appeal.  Though I hardly knew you and don't understand why this happened, I wish you the best, Riavis.

Locking thread.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook