• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outdated server, i'm still on 1.10.2
Anyone else receiving this error?

Failed to connect to the server

(12-01-2016, 10:07 PM)aron23 Wrote: Anyone else receiving this error?

Failed to connect to the server

Hi aron23

It sounds like your minecraft may have auto updated to 1.11. This can happen if the version setting in your profile is set to "use lastest version"

To use 1.10.2 do the following :-

1. On the Minecraft launcher click on "Edit Profile"

2. Look half way down the page to "Version Selection"

3. There you will see a "Use Version:" and a drop down list box, scroll the list box to "release 1.10.2"

4. Now at the bottom Click "Save Profile" and your Minecraft version should be back to 1.10.2 for the server.

I hope this helps and remember when the server updates to 1.11 in the future, repeat the above and change the release version to 1.11

You can also create a new profile with different Minecraft versions if you wish, so all you do is then select the profile for the version you want. For now though my recommendation would be to follow the above steps.

Take care CleeWarrior AKA CleeHawk
Confused  ** No my build has not been griefed, that's my build style ** Big Grin

I've enabled the server to accept both 1.11 and 1.10.2 clients so you can log in now without switching versions

YAY!! I'm so glad we can join with 11.1 now!
When will the server be updating for good?
~AkHip

Thank-you both, that worked.

Aron when you get into the MineCraft launcher not the game itself dont hit play to the bottom left it will say edit profile click that then go to version then click whichever version that server that it requires.d

(12-12-2016, 11:34 PM)Aquarius03 Wrote: Aron when you get into the MineCraft launcher not the game itself dont hit play to the bottom left it will say edit profile click that then go to version then click whichever version that server that it requires.d

no need to reply, the problem has already been solved
hi i dont play minecraft very often much anymore but would love to start playing again.