• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Superfast Dangerous Skeletons on HT
Hi HT

Over the last few days I have had skeletons that can spawn on glass and half slabs at my base. The other thing about these skeletons is that their speed is superfast and pretty lethal.

Finally I managed to record a video of one going crazy at speed every time it detected me.

The link to the video is https://youtu.be/rMgwmMjvTc8

See what you think and be careful out there Smile
Confused  ** No my build has not been griefed, that's my build style ** Big Grin

Hax lol

Wow, I've never seen that either. It doesn't look like a lag thing, very interesting. Also, mobs can spawn on furnaces and crafting tables, but they shouldn't be able to spawn on the slabs

Maybe star did it Cool

Wasnt this once a thing with spiders?
Better keep an eye on my lunch box next time i hop on...
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

(02-15-2017, 03:21 AM)frost Wrote: Maybe star did it Cool

[Image: jgZLxGY.png]
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Oh, wow, that is one very fast skeleton. Yikes!! I haven't seen any in my base but thanks for letting us know. Smile

Not the first time i have seen super fast mobs. Back during 23rd Mar 2015 i recorded a super fast spider doing the same thing, video is pointless though since the video didn't come out correctly and lags. (was not laggy in game). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y5HeSx5H4A I'm sure i knew the reason why it happened, but can't remember.

Are you sure the slabs are bottom slabs and not top?

@Star, https://youtu.be/5KAy4NPM1ws
IGN: Genocore

Clee the slabs are top slabs. I'm pretty sure MoBs can spawn on them

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
I'm gonna beat you Rasse you filthy maggot

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the responses on these very naughty skeletons. I think my base is haunted myself Smile

I believe you Star, really I do!!!

I would just like to confirm that the slabs are bottom half slabs and are placed on full blocks as it is down at bedrock.
There is one stone block followed by a half slab on top of the stone block. To see evidence of this on the video you can see the height by looking at the torches on the blocks beneath where I haven't placed slabs. Had they been top slabs you guys are right in that mobs could spawn as top slabs behave as a full block and could take redstone dust.

The assumption that this didn't look like lag is also correct as when the creeper spawned it was walking at normal speed while the skeleton was going crazy. They spawned a few seconds apart so it was a handy comparison. Sadly I don't think I have video of that occasion.

Handy to know that they can spawn on furnaces and workbenches. Thanks Frost for that info, I was never sure and I really should have checked with the wiki but never got around to it! The item sorter is still being built but will get a dose of half slabs on the furnaces!

My thoughts are that this is not down to the server itself but goes back to the original mojang code as it is an NPC oddity. I have seen skeletons spawn next to torches too and these I think may be the abnormal odd ones. If there is a bug in the mojang code, it then of course gets passed on to spigot and paperclip server code so not much anyone can do as it is so infrequent.

This is not really a problem to me as it has only happened a few times but thought it might be interesting to everyone.

Thanks again everyone, have a great day or night depending on your time zone!
Confused  ** No my build has not been griefed, that's my build style ** Big Grin