• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scenarios of Hypotheticalness
A man lives on the 21st floor in a high-rise apartment complex. Each work day, he takes the elevator down to the ground level, catches a taxi, and goes to work. At the end of the day, a taxi brings him home. He takes the elevator up to the 18th floor, and uses the stairs the rest of the way up to the 21st floor. If it is raining, he comes back from work and takes the elevator all the way up to the 21st floor. Explain this odd behavior.

(04-04-2017, 11:13 PM)Landline Wrote: A man lives on the 21st floor in a high-rise apartment complex. Each work day, he takes the elevator down to the ground level, catches a taxi, and goes to work. At the end of the day, a taxi brings him home. He takes the elevator up to the 18th floor, and uses the stairs the rest of the way up to the 21st floor. If it is raining, he comes back from work and takes the elevator all the way up to the 21st floor. Explain this odd behavior.

The rain makes his war wound play up.

He can manage walking a few fights on a sunny day as this is all his war wound will allow, and his Doctor says he needs to try and get some exercise, but when it's raining it hurts more for some reason.

He thinks it might have something to do with humidity but his Doctor says it's all in his mind.

He is a midget (a very, very small person). He can't reach the upper elevator buttons, but he can ask people to push them for him. He uses his umbrella to push the buttons on days when it rains.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

You are trapped in a room with a door. The door is sealed and cannot be opened.

How do you get out?

(04-04-2017, 11:18 PM)firegene Wrote: He is a midget (a very, very small person). He can't reach the upper elevator buttons, but he can ask people to push them for him. He uses his umbrella to push the buttons on days when it rains.

You are trapped in a room with a door. The door is sealed and cannot be opened.

How do you get out?

I kick the door down because I am a badass.

It can't be opened

(04-04-2017, 11:22 PM)firegene Wrote: It can't be opened

Okay I take out a lighter and put my shirt under the door and set it on fire.

It burns down the door enough for me to kick it open.

Technically the door is then opened.

Okay I let it burn and it hasn't actually opened it has burnt down and ceased to be.

I step through it's charred remains.

Lol
Ok

Optionally walk out the other door

And make a new scenario

You are inside a room of Minecraft bedrock - the kind that can't be broken. walls, floors, ceilings, etc. are all made of this bedrock.

You are at the bottom of the world, underneath an ocean.

You have torches lit in your bedrock room, which are depriving you of oxygen.

You have a wood pickaxe with one red sliver of usefulness remaining. This is your only inventory item.

You yourself have run out of health, and are sitting at 1/2 heart.

A nearby creeper in the room just started to hiss.

What will you do?