• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sign shop????
how do i make a sign shop?

Do you mean signs on chests that are in shops? If yes:

`1. Place a sign on a chest by shift-placing.
2. Then make the sign like this:

(Your full ign)
(The number of items per click) Like if you want to sell a single diamond, use 1
(The price of the items) When you want the person to buy, use B #, but if you want them to sell, use S #
(The name of the item found with the command /itemdb with the item held in your hand)

Example:

Startgirl
B 75 : S 25
Diamond
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(03-13-2017, 09:45 PM)Star Wrote: Do you mean signs on chests that are in shops? If yes:

(Your full ign)
(The number of items per click) Like if you want to sell a single diamond, use 1
(The price of the items) When you want the person to buy, use B #, but if you want them to sell, use S #
(The name of the item found with the command /itemdb with the item held in your hand)

Example:

Startgirl
Diamond

/itemdb does not always work. There are certain items such as acacia planks that don't work. do yourself a favor and don't spend an hour trying to find out what went wrong. Look it up instead.

(03-13-2017, 09:45 PM)Star Wrote: Do you mean signs on chests that are in shops? If yes:

(Your full ign)

Example:

Startgirl
Diamond

/itemdb does not always work. There are certain items such as acacia planks that don't work. do yourself a favor and don't spend an hour trying to find out what went wrong. Look it up instead.

Does anyone else see two of my above post?  Huh
I'm gonna beat you Rasse you filthy maggot

can the owner not buy their own items to test it?

Nope
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

This is the bit where we rely on each other to help test stuff out. It's almost like some kind of community, right? Also, you can use /iteminfo to get the item id for whatever you're carrying. Ginger taught me that (thanks Ginger!)
- Gaming Since The 80's

If it is done correctly, your chat should say "shop created" or something of that sort when you exit out of the sign. If it doesn't say that, you did it incorrectly

Good point. I've also noticed that if you don't put your user name on the sign, if the shop is set up correctly your name appears automatically on the sign. Good way to test if it's worked.
- Gaming Since The 80's

http://minecraft-ids.grahamedgecombe.com/

List of ID codes there to use rather than item names

(03-19-2017, 11:35 PM)ThatDuckSauce Wrote: http://minecraft-ids.grahamedgecombe.com/

List of ID codes there to use rather than item names

Air blocks are item id 0? Wonder if we can sell air.  Undecided
- Gaming Since The 80's