Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
xEpsilon52's Ban Appeal
[b]Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: xEpsilon52

Reason for your ban: xRay

Who banned you: Kat

Why should I be unbanned?[/b]
This is both a simple and complicated answer. Simple in the fact that I was not the party playing but complex in the instance that I am responsible for the actions of the account. To be an honest appeal I want to explain a few things to redeem my image in you, the staffs, eyes.

When I was a kid in middle grade school I saw this kid in the computer lab playing Minecraft in alpha stage and all I wanted to do was play so I scratched up the few dollars 11-year-old me had and begged my parents for the rest to buy an account. All I did was paly single player and build great things.

By the age of 14 I was a staff member on Rooster Teeth’s Official MC server and all I did was spawn in stacks and stacks of cobble and stone and built massive castles and elaborate mega builds. That was some time ago.

I am now 21. I bought this account recently after losing the details to my first one but I wanted to play the game again, I make my own money and I finally felt I was able to treat myself and so here I am in the middle of my spring break in college and I find your server. It is nice. It is flourish able, it is something I saw myself spending all my free time on playing Minecraft, building great things and putting my roots back into.

My parents recently adopted a little boy, my brother Mathew. Mathew saw me working on my poor attempt at a first build and his eyes lit up. He has been watching videos and is a huge Minecraft fan. I decided one night to let him play on my account while I was out at a bar with a few friends so I left the computer unlocked and he sent me a text message saying it was so hard to find diamonds and iron and stuff so I told him what every busy brother tells the younger “IDK figure it out on your own” and he did apparently.

That night it would appear he downloaded a xRay Mod and used it to mine a ton of diamonds and iron. After texting with him recently he told me that he then sold them. I understand where the staff stands and I completely, whole heartedly agree that xRay is an offense that ruins the game more than anything.

xRaying defeats the whole purpose of Minecraft. It is latterly in the game MINEcraft… I bought VIP on your server because I want to build. I want to set a stage for my return back into the Minecraft world. I want to come back to your server because the people are great, the staff are great, the map is beautiful, the standards of server etiquette are superb and the level of care that the owners and the other staff preform is indescribable.

I have deleted the xRay Mod and changed my password (I don’t know what sort of bugs my pc has now from him downloading hacks…) but I understand staff’s hesitation in allowing xRayers back into the server. If my return is allowed I wish that the account be stripped of all its items and financial balances and that I start from scratch but I plea for you to allow me to keep my VIP status. In addition, I would fully agree to a 3rd party program such as Team Viewer being used for an Upper staff member to search my pc for mods. As a final step I have bought my brother his own Minecraft account and I request you ban it no matter what staff decides the account username is Garatol52.

I am truly sorry for the actions that my account has been a part of an I am so indescribably sorry that it has blemished the meaning of what your server stands for. Your server is an outstanding place that I wish to be a part of.
Sincerely,
 xEpsilon52

i dont know how to edit things on the OP but also can you unban the IP? I live on a college campus and even if i am not allowed back i would still recommend the server to other people but they wont be able to log in if the IP is banned. sorry i did not add this is the OP

First of all, the appeal is decently written. You've accepted that you have used X-Ray and explained why its useless and unfair to other players. The VIP of your account will not be taken away, however any of the cheated goods, meaning diamonds, money, ores will be taken away to be disposed as they are not legit items. I'd like you to answer a question in full detail, and to also let me know, if you know of anyone else who has also got the cheated goods.

-How does X-Ray affect the other players and economy?
- KatNip

any of the cheated goods, meaning diamonds, money, ores will be taken away to be disposed as they are not legit items. I'd like you to answer a question in full detail, and to also let me know, if you know of anyone else who has also got the cheated goods. 

-How does X-Ray affect the other players and economy?
in reply 

xRay has its obvious adverse effect on the amount of ore in a world. The not so obvious impact it has is it de-legitimizes a player and everything he touches. It is almost like the King Minus effect, yet the xRayer may see the world as gold but the rest of the world sees a devalued husk of what used to be. The economy is another aspect that is affected, using King Minus again he for a short time had the richest empire the world had ever seen but very soon after the price of those things that make him wealth drop in value until he makes a grain of rice per pound of gold. 

As to answer the other questions i believe that everything was sold but there may be a chest at my "/home" i used it to store my stuff so there may be ores in there but the last thing that I did on my account before i went to the bar was i made a what the server calls a "god" pickaxe. The books where bought at emporium legit and the two diamonds i had at that time where legit and i was given i think like 26 dollars in game from a random player so i could buy the last diamond. i made the pick so my brother had something good to use then left for the bar. i had no armor, no other picks besides a half dead iron one and possibly other iron tools. the pick didn't take long to earn the money for i think it was like 500 for the books and all and that was money i made from cave diving, but i understand if you just want to inv clear me before unbanning me becasue i have no proof of any of that.

and as sold i mean at the spawn store. i am mostly sure that no other player has any cheated goods. Earlier in the day i was trading diamonds for iron but i think it was only like 4 diamonds that where legit and it was at the price of 20 iron per diamond. For the sake of detail here i made the trade because i was not yet in the "know" that diamonds sold for so much and also i didn't really need diamonds yet. its better IMO to lose a set or iron in lava then lose even a diamond pick worth .

I will be unbanning you. If you X-Ray again, it will be a permanent ban. When you next come online I would like you to ask for a staff member to give all the cheated goods to them, and to also ask for your balance to be wiped. I will most likely be online, not 100% on that though. Welcome back, don't mess up again.
- KatNip