• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chest minecart bug
Well, it's been a while but I finally had time to test it out on a test server. It looks like changing the setting only changes the way hoppers detect items. This increases hopper lag, but I cannot do an accurate stress test on an empty server.

I changed the setting like you said Clee and it works fine. Minecart chests actually work with hoppers now. Thank you all for the help.

Hi frost,

You are very welcome. If you ever need a second opinion or get stuck on a problem I'll always try and help you out if I can.

I still think that this setting should have been changed by the server.jar for servers that have been already compiled. It is a bit short sighted to have a new default on a setting for brand new installations due to a bug and yet not cater for servers that already are compiled and have their configuration files already created!

I have known server updates change yml file settings to cure problems in the past so to be honest I'm still surprised the developers haven't incorporated a bit of code in the server.jar to do this.

Thanks for putting the time in to test this on a test server and implementing it on HomeTown. As you say it is impossible to do a stress test on an empty test server. Have you noticed on test servers that when you login you never have mail lol?!!

I think test servers can enable valuable tests to make sure things don't break when applied to online active servers, but can only take you so far. In the end it's always a matter of crossing your fingers, gritting your teeth and hoping that random /gc checks give you a positive result Smile

All the best and I hope your arm is on the mend,
Clee