• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piston action limit
This post is to clarify server rules, if there's any.
I don't want to get into trouble for building another monster farm. 

I am planning on building a gigantic automatic sugar cane farm using observer blocks.
My design will have 2 pistons per sugar cane.
I am currently aiming for an average of 1 harvest per second, that is, 2 pistons going off per second on average.
Am I allowed to build such farm? I do know that pistons cause lag, but is 2 going off per second enough to cause much lag? 

It'll be best if Frost can answer this.

Thank you.

My understanding, if I read the rules correctly (and on the correct server), is that circuits which are active for extended periods of time aren't allowed as that's server resources that could be used elsewhere. My designs will only work temporarily, and after user input because of this.

What if you linked your pistons to a sunlight detector to only fire once or twice a day?

Personally I do not believe 2 pistons in and of themselves would generate much lag; however, you said the farm itself would be gigantic, which tells me that'd be 2 per sugarcane, but multiplied by dozens if not hundreds. So to answer your question, I believe it would be due to how large you said you want to make the farm.

Too late, this thread is 3 weeks old. the farm is built and it's Warp Jellycane. Used about 32 stacks of pistons and 32 stacks of observers. Not lagging the server I think. It is only average of 2 pistons per second.