• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ServerWide Map
I was thinking... I have seen other server homepages with a giant server map on their homepage... could we add one for this server or am I just shooting for the moon? good/bad Idea?  :b

Well, this already exists. Xolnir made /warp map which is a map of the entire server, but he hasn't been on in months and the map isn't even %100 complete. But I like the idea of a server wide map featured on the forums.

I think what he's asking for is a Dynmap. I for one am neutral: On the one hand it makes finding biomes and such easier; I can't tell you how many times I've used such a map to find a place to make a base or start a build, especially since I like to build in specific biomes. /rand until you get close then walk the rest of the way there.

On the other hand, on a non-whitelist server it's pretty much painting targets on prominent builds for griefers, not to mention additional server load.

maybe you would have to login to see it?

or be rookie+ to see it?

I just realized!
we could make the map IN minecraft on a scale of 1:30000 and use only one map XD

that'd be interesting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

On the biomes subject, I personally like to NOT know where certain boimes are. I like exploring though.
- Gaming Since The 80's

(06-22-2017, 01:41 AM)murphdog2 Wrote: maybe you would have to login to see it?

or be rookie+ to see it?

(07-09-2017, 02:18 AM)RetroSteveUK Wrote: On the biomes subject, I personally like to NOT know where certain boimes are. I like exploring though.

You may enjoy not knowing where biomes are but some people would like to have a a hand guide to the biome locations... also it would be handy to find towns (this brings up the same issue on how to avoid creating easy targets for griefers :I)

This has been brought up several times over the years. Thr answer so far has always been a no, Cause some people dont want to be found.