• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Reset?
Question 
I suggest that the staff take a poll (on the forums) on whether or not the nether, end and nether, or all dimensions should be reset. As a fairly new player, i'm loving this server but it seems like everything is taken up. I couldn't find a spot that wasn't close to someone's house, or had already been explored. Every mineshaft I found was already explored, and I finally found a clear space to put my house, only to realize it's right next to two other buildings. As of the nether, the same thing. Every inch of it was explored and there wasn't anything left for me to discover. All the nether fortresses had either turned into grinders or was already explored. The end wasn't as bad, but every end city is already discovered so there isn't much point. I suggest that the nether and end be reset every month or 2. I would understand if the overworld not be reset, because a lot of people have made some amazing creations, and it would suck for them to be reset. I just don't see the point in exploring the nether or end anymore. I hope you consider this, Thank you.  

PS: I created a poll of my own, if you wanna check it out go here: https://strawpoll.com/d99rrxs

Big Grin Shy Big Grin Shy Big Grin

I don't know if it'll happen soon, but we're more likely to expand the current survival world rather than to wipe it. The resource worlds are reset as needed since they're only for resources. The reason we have them is to take the pressure off for resets

There's a lot of land not taken, it just takes some effort to find. Try using /rand a few times, you'll find something.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

I agree with a lot of what you said. The warps to the resource worlds which periodically get reset are /warp res, /warp resnether, and /warp resend. There are a lot of unexplored mineshaft and nether fortresses here but I think all of the end cities have already been looted.
-DrBot

Wasnt there a server reset like a half year ago? The only thing that bugs me is that players who need overworld resources like dirt and gravel just destroy the landscape of the survival world instead of going to the reaource world.
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

When will resend get reset? Like in a weeks or months? mods pls Smile ty

Definitely not a week: It was reset only a couple of weeks ago with 1.12 and the parrot hype. I would hazard a rough guess of maybe a month, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

The resource End is not going to be reset very frequently - certainly less often than the resource overworld and Nether. The chief purpose of the resource End is make rare treasures available again, mostly elytras and dragon heads, so resetting it too often will spoil their status as rare items.