• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caps rule
Almost everyone on the server knows and understands the rules about caps. I understand we kick to let the player understand we don't tolerate caps. I can understand if the user purposely puts caps in the chat they will be kicked but what i don't understand is when the user accidentally uses caps. Many people look down on their keyboards and type and never look up at the screen to see what they are typing. Especially when the user is trying to capitalize a letter and try to use the shift button but accidentally pushes the caps lock button since they are right on top of another. Now for those that don't mean to caps the chat and say they are sorry right after they look up to see what they did because they were not looking while typing still get kicked. They know what they did wrong but the had no intentions of doing it in the first place.  I personally feel if the user understood what they did wrong and apologize then they shouldn't get kicked. Now if its a repeat offence then sure kick them but i saw the other day were someone who has been a member with hometown for a long time typed in full caps on accident, then said sorry but still get kicked. I'm more trying to see members thoughts and see if they too agree then actually change the rule.

*NOTE* This is more meant for the player who have been with us for a long period of time and fully understand the rules on caps then newbies trying to not get kicked.
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]

the problem is some people will do it on purpose and just say "sorry" like it doesn't change that they broke the rules. most of the people that get kicked even though they apologize are repeat offenders as well
star was here
dk was too
so was vil
Grimm was here, too.

I'm a bit biased since I am abke to kick people but kicking is a form of warning. And another thing I would like to add is, I believe adding a clause to the caps rule like you said could be problematic because I know players would abuse that to the extreme. It would also be one more thing elites+ would have to look at when kicking which gets tiring after a while. So I would say I disagree with this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

(07-23-2017, 11:46 PM)Zanycat Wrote: the problem is some people will do it on purpose and just say "sorry" like it doesn't change that they broke the rules. most of the people that get kicked even though they apologize are repeat offenders as well

what you say is true. i did not think of that.
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]

If I'm wrong to correct me, but are you allowed to use like 15~ characters/three words?

(i ripped this straight from the old server rules, so they might be outdated)

(07-24-2017, 08:44 AM)Kcalifornia Wrote: If I'm wrong to correct me, but are you allowed to use like 15~ characters/three words?

(i ripped this straight from the old server rules, so they might be outdated)

The maximum is 15 letters or 4 words, whichever is broken first.
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

(07-24-2017, 09:10 AM)Star Wrote: The maximum is 15 letters or 4 words, whichever is broken first.

Yup, and the tutorial section has been fixed to reflect this information, as it was accidentally misquoted.

"2: Chat Etiquette – Punishment: Lv. 0 – 3
G.  Do not type in excessive all-caps and do not spam.
    g1.  The limit on caps lock is 4 words or 15 letters."
Citation: https://hometownmc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=13
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook