• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warp Court
I recently finished building Warp Court, and got Frost’s approval on it! Warp Court will be Hometown’s court to settle all minor disputes! If it is a major dispute and should result in a consequence such as a ban, it CANNOT go through warp court, and must go to a staff member instead. Warp Court is only for events like when Nuked buys diamonds at my shop for $50.10 each, and he thought it was 50 diamonds for $1. If Nuked wants a refund but I don’t wanna give him one, we can both agree to go to court at warp Court. At Warp Court, Reprive would be judging our trial, but Reprive hates Nuked because Nuked sold him a dc of diamonds yesterday and now Reprive has just $11.43 left. Then Reprive would choose me instantly, right? WRONG. Nuked could tell the court that his trial cannot be judged by Reprive as it would not be a fair trial due to a conflict between Reprive and Nuked. If Nuked failed to report this, and someone found out about it later, Reprive would INSTANTLY lose his position as judge. Due to a rule he broke, “If you think there may be a conflict of interest between you and someone, do NOT judge that trial.” If we found a new judge, There would still be one problem with this. How do you get me to agree to go to warp Court? Well, there would be a fee, $50 per trial. If I win, I get to keep the $50.10 Nuked paid for the diamond, and $50 extra that Nuked has to give me for using my time at trial. If Nuked wins, he gets his $50.10 back, and I pay him an extra $50 on top if it. The amount of money this fee is, can be changed if the two sides going to court agree on the new amount, or if the judges change the fee. (Side note: Frost also said that if Nuked would refuse to pay the money, the court would be able to ask staff to step in and make Nuked pay me.)
I am looking for volunteers to be judges right now. In order to be a judge, you must fill one of the qualifications:
  1. You must be Adept+
  2. You must be a VIP
There are only 3 seats for judges at one time, but I am looking for more than three people who would like to be a judge, as not all judges are going to volunteer to accept a trial at any given moment. If there are more than three judges on when a trial occurs, the way the three judges that judge the trial goes like this:
  1. Adept+ players are chosen first, with elites being of highest priority, and adepts being of the lowest priority in this category
  2. VIPs are chosen next, with VIP3s being given a higher ranking than VIP1s
In other words, when it comes to picking judges, the highest ranking 3 people online are chose, where elites rank higher than adepts who rank higher than VIP3s who rank higher than VIP1s. I hope that makes sense to y’all. There are a few exceptions to these ranks. For example, while Uber isn’t adept yet, he’s only 13 votes away from becoming one, so I allowed him to have the priority of adept if he became a judge. Also, certain people are prioritized within each rank, based on who I see online most often and who talks the most. I don’t know if this counts, but an example of this might be me making myself a higher priority than the other adepts Tongue. There are 3 chairs for the judges in warp court, but each trial can be held with 1 judge or 3 judges. The highest ranking judge sits in the middle, while the other two sit on both sides of the main judge.
If you would like to be a judge, please say so in a response to this post. In your response, please include your voting rank and your VIP status. As a judge, you must be unbiased to ALL people, even people who you normally despise. If you think there may be a conflict of interest between you and someone, do NOT judge that trial! There are also benefits to being a judge, if lots of people donate, you get paid for judging trials! Also, if you are judging a trial, you are required to wear your black leather armor. There are 3 armor stands  with the black leather armor in the clothing closet for the judges. Please put these back. If you do not, you will be forced to come to a trial at /warp court, with YOU as the defendant.
All money donations at this time are being accepted, and will earn you a spot in the Hall of Donors. The salary for judges comes from your donations, so I encourage you to donate!
Also about the build - I tried to make it have an old courtroom kind of theme so I used wood. It has a balcony a jury box (no actual function), seats for audience, a witness stand, and more.
If you’re confused about anything just respond to this post and I’ll try to answer it as soon as possible!
Check out these warps:
PemiShop- Buy and sell items!
PemiSlime - $900 for life, two chunk AFK slime farm!
Paint - Free easels and dye for all!
Court - For all your minor disputes!

I'd like to be a Judge
DrBot: Adept & VIP 3
-DrBot

Current roles:
Pemigrade (Adept + VIP3) - Head of Adept
DrBot (Adept + VIP3) - Third in Adept
Reprive (VIP3) - Head of VIP3
Kawaii (VIP1)  - Head of VIP1
Steasaur (Adept + VIP3) - Second in Adept
Cil (VIP3) - Second in VIP3
Derp (Veteran + VIP3) - Head of Veteran and highest ranking judge
Duck (VIP1) - Second in VIP1
Baytato (VIP2) - Head of VIP2
Firegene (VIP3) - Third in VIP3
Check out these warps:

WarMongerDuck Experienced VIP1

deantrb_l, veteran, vip3

I don't see why ppl need to donate to become a judge. This ain't a business....it's for fairness.

(07-27-2017, 06:09 AM)_JELLy__ Wrote: I don't see why ppl need to donate to become a judge. This ain't a business....it's for fairness.

Well they don't NEED to but if you're not VIP or adept, you'd have to. 

Personally, I think it'd just be better if the three highest ranking willing players would be judges. That way, it's people who know the rules the best. VIPs and wealthy people don't always know the rules as much as the higher ranks
-DrBot

3 Questions: 1. How are jury members chosen? 2. Do jury members get paid? 3. Can we open up law firms and be lawyers?

I'd like to be a judge. I'm VIP3

(07-27-2017, 09:40 AM)SirPlaysMC Wrote: 3 Questions: 1. How are jury members chosen? 2. Do jury members get paid? 3. Can we open up law firms and be lawyers?

1) I don't exactly know how the jury would work, it would just be up to 3 judges, with no jury.
2) If there was a jury, the jury would most likely not get paid
3) Yes, you COULD, but I played a little with that idea and lawyers don't really do anything at all to help decide the outcome of a trial. It just turns the trial into role playing, which isn't exactly my intention with making this.

(07-27-2017, 06:09 AM)_JELLy__ Wrote: I don't see why ppl need to donate to become a judge. This ain't a business....it's for fairness.

As Dr said, the rules to become a judge state that being an Adept+ or VIP is enough to be able to be chosen. Here's my reasoning for adding those three groups: My reasoning for Adepts+ to be able to become a judge was that those people have been playing on the server, for most likely, the longest amount of time, and they should know the rules well. My reasoning for adding VIPs was to give a chance to people like cora1a, 1476x, and Cil to become a judge. A lot of VIPs know the server rules well, but don't vote. If you're gonna spend real money on a server, you'd probably have played on that server for quite a while to know, "I want to spend real money on this server." My reason for allowing donors to become a judge consisted of two things, the first is that they aren't going to judge. With 11 judges that are either VIP or adept+, the chances of a donor being selected to become a judge is close to none. The original reason of that was so that I would get to pay all the judges with their donations, but I have removed being a donor as one think that would make you eligible to become a judge.

(07-27-2017, 03:57 PM)firegene Wrote: I'd like to be a judge. I'm VIP3

Okay, I just added you Big Grin
Check out these warps: