• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spider grinder
HOORAY ive found a Cave Spider spawner, i want to build a grinder round it, but i might need some help

First, if i want to retain 'ownership of it, should i claim the area round it, to stop anyone else trying to annexe it? Ill make it a publuic grinder eventually, something like /warp cspider

The actual spawner is on level 14 in a mine shaft.  I have a design  ive tried in solo creative mode, then on another server.   Basically the spawner sits in the centre of a chamber, at least 4 blocks from walls and cieiling. spiders spawn and drop onto the floor. The floor has a water flow that sweeps everything to a 3x 1 hole, along 4 blocks to a killing zone.

I know this works. The snag is the spiders are fulll health, and most it takes me two hits to kill one. I did think i could put pistons in the kill chambe rto inflict crush damage, buy then im lacking info how to do this. whats the best ay to kill a spider, to avoid it being able to hit you - ive used a kill chamber you stand on, but now and then u get thrown back by a spider, but no damage.

How would you detect when a spider is in the kill zone to activate a piston? How much crush damage does a piston do? How would i damp the spawner down when no one is there -  redstone operated lights? How far away would the kill chamber have to be be to aviod any spiders spawning inside the player area?

Any advice gratefull received Big Grin

Zev

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZlgMUTJkjQ
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

Hmmm i sat thru all 38 minute sof that...

Its waay over the tops. i have a much simpler design, it delivers spiders, the problem is i can design a kill zone where i can kill them, but they cant poison me.

The spider senf up coming along a 1x3 covered channel, its how to cap the end  is the problem:

This doesnt worrk:

Channel terminates in

Top layer  - 3 iron rails set back on block
Botom  Glass block - trapdoor - glass block

[Image: 2017-12-23_21.10.12.png]

[Image: EMYm]

talk to me or geckorian when we are on and we can show you a working design