• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server-Wide Art Competition
I want to host an art competition to find the best painter on the server. Here's how it'll work. Any number of people who want to participate can participate for free (All you have to do is respond to this thread by saying your IGN and your VIP status by 7 A.M. central time on Saturday, August 12)! All canvases, dyes, paint buckets, easels, and item frames will be supplied. If there are over 8 people, I will split the people into groups and host small competitions in Warp Paint to find the top 8 people. These competitions will most likely be between 6:00 P.M. August 12 and 7:00 P.M. The top 8 painters get into the HomeTown Art Tournament! Round 1 of the HomeTown art tournament will last 30 minutes. In those 30 minutes, the participants will be required to paint a 2x1 painting of whatever the judge wants them to paint. The 2x1 painting must be in the 2 item frames above the easel before the 30 minutes ends. The judge will pick 4 people, and those 4 people move on to round 2, where they will have 24 hours to paint a 3x2 painting of whatever the judge wants them to paint. The painting must be made in the easels supplied at the tournament, so other people can watch. At the end of that 1 day, the judge will pick 2 people to advance to the final round. In the final round, the 2 people will have 48 hours to paint a 4x4 painting. At the end of the two days, the judge will decide on a winner. In order to ensure the judges have no bias, they are required to find 4 other people who will help them in deciding the better painting.
     The first place prize will be a new car from the dealership (thank you, Uber, for donating this prize!) and 5-10k, depending on what people donate. On the subject of donating, I am in desperate need of donations. I am accepting money, emeralds, concrete, canvases, easels, and dyes. I am looking to have a prize for 2nd place and increase the prize money for 1st place. For this, I will need either cash donations or item donations, such as diamonds, dragon heads, elytras, shulker boxes, vehicles, and other items of that sort. It appears this thing is going to cost me about 15k or so to build and host, so I really need donations. Contact me in-game to donate stuff. Currently, the people who have donated are the following: Uber (a ton of leather and a car),  Jelly (A ton of emeralds), Sebas (1k), and Dino (a lot of random, but useful, stuff)
     So far Duck and I have completed the stadium for round one of the tournament, and have bought two warps for it. /Warp ArtTournament, and /Warp A, for short. Duck and I have also designed the final stadium. We need to design and build the second stadium, and we need to build the final stadium. I will be moving Warp ArtTournament and Warp A to the second arena and the final arena when we get to the second and final round. The warps will never change, but where they warp to will.
     Registration deadline is 7 A.M. Saturday, August 12. The pre-tournament selection round(s) may happen between 6 P.M. and 7 P.M. The first round will be at 7 P.M. - 7:30 P.M. Saturday, August 12. The second round will be from 8:00 P.M. August 12 to 8:00 P.M. August 13. The final one will be from 9:00 PM August 13 to 9:00 PM August 15. All times are in central time.
     Respond to this post if you have any questions!
Check out these warps:
PemiShop- Buy and sell items!
PemiSlime - $900 for life, two chunk AFK slime farm!
Paint - Free easels and dye for all!
Court - For all your minor disputes!

Sounds fun! I'm in.

CreeperKing309
Farewell Hometown, for now at least. It's been fun. Sorry I ruined it Sad

Best of luck to all of you,

Hopefully this isn't the end.

Sincerely,

Creep

Update: I think a better way to have unbiased judges would be if I just randomly picked 5 people on the server each time.
Check out these warps:
PemiShop- Buy and sell items!
PemiSlime - $900 for life, two chunk AFK slime farm!
Paint - Free easels and dye for all!
Court - For all your minor disputes!

I am applemcchees and vip 2 yes yes

I'm in, Oshakai VIP3
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

joining
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

Ill join! TheFabNova VIP 2
[Image: 79ca12078dbede1dbd3dfa104d2ed112.gif]
Visit /warp bulk for all your building needs! 

Dinogirl2468 VIP 3
[Image: tumblr_noczeq8jXn1t45pbyo1_500.gif]

SirPlaysMC VIP 2

WarMongerDuck VIP1