• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voting Question
Lately the third voting site has been a little weird. other than once trying to give me a smol virus, the schedule of the voting is seriosly messed up.

I have been assuming for the last 2 months that the third voting site can be used 2 times a day and resets every 12 hours. Half a week back, i noticed that the case has changed. I have carefully calculated my voting sessions and schedules so that i can arrange 110 votes a month. If any information is needed from my calculations, i can post pics. 

Now to the problem. one evening, i opened up the third voting site to check if it was time yet, and it said that i'tll take 15 mins till i can vote again. i waited that 15 mins, and once i tried it, it said: vote again in 11 hours and 56 minutes. and it did not register the vote. otherwise i would have 19 votes at my count now, you can see it on the website. this happaned 3 times a row, and messed up my timing. now i can vote every morning once on every site. I asked a few fellow voters if they had the same problem, but they said that their's are working just fine. Has this happaned in the past, or is it on my side? this could also have something to do with the "intruder" on the first voting side (The Tab freezed and tried to multiply itself, indicating an "intruder" to get "in".) I'll try to solve the problem myself, but if anyone has the same problem or the website staff has anything to say about this any help would be much appreciated. can't let those sweet voting bonus'es to slip away from my fingers  Confused

*edit* ive now read some information from the voting plugin and forum posts, and it wouldve appear that glitches like these happen fairly often. About the "intruder", thought, thats a whole different story...
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

I think it did that to me a few days ago, too. Today it had trouble loading the page, but after several tries I got it to accept my vote. BUT IT DIDN'T REGISTER. My vote total didn't go up, but TOPG.ORG says I have already voted. (This was about 6:45 AM Eastern Standard time.)

I love/hate that 12 hour server. The timing is really inconvenient. But you can get two votes almost every day..

ARGH! Stupid voting servers lost another vote on me. Not sure which one. I voted on all four within the space of five minutes, but only three votes registered.

It's TOPG. I voted, got a slots token and $25 gamecash.... but my vote total didn't go up. That's the third vote that server dropped on me.

Seems like the voting servers are about 99% reliable, and may drop 1 or 2 votes out of 100. Since it probably effects everyone the same way, it is just an annoyance and unlikely to affect top voter standings.

On the bright side, now that we have five servers, and one of them is on a 12 hour cycle, we can vote 6 times per day, and make 110 votes in 19 days.

Also, on the first day of the month it is possible to vote at least 2 extra times, for a total of 8 for the first day. Two of the servers reset in the evening, 6PM and 7PM Eastern time. But the enjin site starts a new month at midnight of the first day of the month, also in Eastern time I believe. 

To get the extra votes:
   Exclamation  don't vote on those servers on the last day of the month.
   Exclamation on the first of the month, cast your vote after enjin resets but before 6PM Eastern.
   Exclamation After 7PM Eastern,vote on those two servers again.

You aren't really getting extra votes, because you have to give up two votes in the prior month.

I haven't figured out when the new server day resets. If it isn't the same as the enjin site, it might be possible to squeeze an extra vote there, too.

TEO