• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvP idea for SMP
First I would like to introduce myself. I am DaBassGuy but my /Nick is TheCowboyNation on the SMP server. I am relatively new to the server but I have been playing Minecraft since 2011 and quit around 2015. I have just recently decided to get back into the game and the old SMP server I was a admin on is no longer around. So I did some looking and hometown became my clear choice means how it's one of the few Semi-Vanilla servers that I have come to like. My suggestion is something I did back when I was an admin for an old server. I had players build and design their own PvP arenas then would have myself or others create that certain area inside the arena PvP enabled. But I believe a better idea for this server is to let players build their own arena and then have to buy a "permit" from the donation store which would grant that player one /warp. There should be a typing box when you purchase the permit that allows the player to state what the warp name will be for said player arena. Also there should be some notification system for Admin/Mods that informs them a permit has been purchased. Once a player has build an arena and purchased a "permit" a Admin/Mod will visit the warp stated when they get on the server. They shall review the arena and either permit or explain why it isn't accepted with a sign on the arena where the player could see it and make reviews. With that all being said I believe there should be regulations for how a arena must be build to qualify. Questions or concerns regarding this project can comment or msg me. As far as regulations and or plugins are concerned, Admin/Mod can contact me for full details and ideas I have in regards to these.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

tldr;

There are player owned PVP areana. Any player can build a PVP arena, but only higher ranks can apply to have the arena setup with specifications (keep inventory on, no exp loss on death, no /fly, no /speed and etc effects). Last i checked, you needed to be [Adept] to set one up [AKA, rank up or make an adept friend and put it under their name]. You'll need to find an [Admin] who knows how to set it up, but I'm pretty sure each admin have set one at least one before.

And note, that you will have to buy a separate warp or have a way for people to access it [AKA, there needs to be a nearby warp]. There are no free warp setups with setting up an arena else it would be exploited.

With that all being said, you'll also have to follow basic building regulations [AKA, warning signs and boundaries]
A few examples are warp pvpwool, and warp mtpvp

(12-20-2017, 02:31 AM)Hiyoko Wrote: tldr;

There are player owned PVP areana. Any player can build a PVP arena, but only higher ranks can apply to have the arena setup with specifications (keep inventory on, no exp loss on death, no /fly, no /speed and etc effects). Last i checked, you needed to be [Adept] to set one up [AKA, rank up or make an adept friend and put it under their name]. You'll need to find an [Admin] who knows how to set it up, but I'm pretty sure each admin have set one at least one before.

And note, that you will have to buy a separate warp or have a way for people to access it [AKA, there needs to be a nearby warp]. There are no free warp setups with setting up an arena else it would be exploited.

With that all being said, you'll also have to follow basic building regulations [AKA, warning signs and boundaries]
A few examples are warp pvpwool, and warp mtpvp
Thank you I was not informed of this for I am still green to the server so I do greatly appreciate it Hiyoko

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk