• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):[/b] i was banned on everything.

Minecraft name: Tomjojingle

Reason for your ban: Ignoring staff 

Who banned you: Grimm

Why should you be unbanned: i actually don't have a reason as to why other than it makes no sense to get banned for something like this. If there's an option that ignores staff but lets them see my chat then ill take that i didn't know /ignore , ignores my messages too. 

Why do you want to come back: I like some people there, i don't even get on to play anymore just to chat. I think that its fair if you unban me in the discord since as i stated i just get on there to chat and honestly i don't mind if you guys don't unban me from server since there's really nothing left there for me, and i mean that wholeheartedly. I'm really sorry for ignoring staff and if this sounds like i'm trying to be funny then that's the wrong sentiment i wanted to convey.

(11-19-2017, 12:29 PM)Tomjo5 Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord):[/b] i was banned on everything.

Minecraft name: Tomjojingle

Reason for your ban: Ignoring staff 

Who banned you: Grimm

Why should you be unbanned: i actually don't have a reason as to why other than it makes no sense to get banned for something like this. If there's an option that ignores staff but lets them see my chat then ill take that i didn't know /ignore , ignores my messages too. 

Why do you want to come back: I like some people there, i don't even get on to play anymore just to chat. I think that its fair if you unban me in the discord since as i stated i just get on there to chat and honestly i don't mind if you guys don't unban me from server since there's really nothing left there for me, and i mean that wholeheartedly. I'm really sorry for ignoring staff and if this sounds like i'm trying to be funny then that's the wrong sentiment i wanted to convey.

It makes a lot of sense only if you think it through.  By /ignoring a staff-member, you make it so not only do you not see the staff-member's messages, they can't see yours either.  Two issues come up from this:

A ) any important questions they need to ask of you are ignored, such as any questions involving a bannable offense that would need to be answered.  Rather than settling any issues in general-chat, you force staff to ban you so it *will* be discussed on the forums, which wastes everyone's time and stands as a mark against you.

B ) any comments you make are not visible to the staff-member in general chat.  Spam, caps, racism, disrespect, IP-addresses ect., anything we prohibit and ban in general chat goes undetected.

This is why you're banned.  Your actions inhibit the staff-team's effectiveness, which will not stand.  There is no half-measure here, as you propose.  Either you /unignore staff on the server, or you'll remain banned.  Seeing as you don't care about the server, you're not getting unbanned there anytime soon.

As for Discord, you're unbanned prior to this being posted.  I'd advise you to follow the Discord rules.  Star made Discord bans easily appealed, there's still a reason rule #9 exists though on the Discord.
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook