• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Griefing Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: millie222

Reason for your ban: I was running around bored and I broke part of a road outside spawn (glass block)

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: It was an honest mistake. When I am usually bored on server, I randomly try and break blocks because I know they won't break because it is claimed. As soon as I broke the glass block I showed surprise in chat, and instantly regretted trying to break it. I know from now on not to try and break things randomly.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back so I can fix what I did wrong. I want to say sorry and do what's right. Also, the staff seem really great since as soon as I broke the block they knew I griefed the road. This seems like a really organized server

(11-20-2017, 05:22 AM)millie222 Wrote: Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: millie222

Reason for your ban: I was running around bored and I broke part of a road outside spawn (glass block)

Who banned you: Grimm_Wolfe

Why should you be unbanned: It was an honest mistake. When I am usually bored on server, I randomly try and break blocks because I know they won't break because it is claimed. As soon as I broke the glass block I showed surprise in chat, and instantly regretted trying to break it. I know from now on not to try and break things randomly.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back so I can fix what I did wrong. I want to say sorry and do what's right. Also, the staff seem really great since as soon as I broke the block they knew I griefed the road. This seems like a really organized server

How do you know when blocks are claimed?
[Image: MlZF3GH.png]
"C'mon, let's keep it simple, huh?  He broke the rules, I banned him."

HomeTown Rulebook

Usually when servers have stuff you aren't supposed to break, you can't break it

(11-21-2017, 07:31 AM)millie222 Wrote: Usually when servers have stuff you aren't supposed to break, you can't break it

You're not answering my question.  How did you know-on this server-that the blocks were claimed?  You said you *knew*, so how did you know?  Nevermind any other server you've played.

HomeTown Rulebook

I didn't know for sure, but I assumed so. I knew they weren't claimed afterward because they broke.

(11-23-2017, 09:36 AM)millie222 Wrote: I didn't know for sure, but I assumed so. I knew they weren't claimed afterward because they broke.

Now we're getting somewhere.  You didn't "know" as you claimed before, rather you assumed they wouldn't break.  Would it have been better to assume everything would break?

HomeTown Rulebook

(11-24-2017, 06:31 PM)Grimm_Wolfe Wrote:
(11-23-2017, 09:36 AM)millie222 Wrote: I didn't know for sure, but I assumed so. I knew they weren't claimed afterward because they broke.

Now we're getting somewhere.  You didn't "know" as you claimed before, rather you assumed they wouldn't break.  Would it have been better to assume everything would break?

K nvm I give up. This is taking too long, you just don't get it

If you want to give up, that's on you.  I'm trying to teach you a lesson, you're just too impatient and willfully ignorant to understand it.

However, seeing as you're giving up, I'm going to give you the answer: "Yeah, that's my bad for assuming that this server was the same as others.  My actions caused the needless destruction or property and I apologize for the inconvenience."

That was all you had realize.  However, if this is how you're going to act, don't let the door hit you on the way out.  Players like you are not welcome here.  Locking thread.

HomeTown Rulebook