• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the Voter Perks
Hey guys,

I thought I'd share one gripe I had with the new way the voting promotions were handled, and that is from experienced (110?) all the way to Vet (1000) there is no real benefit from voting. I think Adept gets an extra sethome, but gaining the expert rank really has no benefit other than the new color rank.

I propose that experts get access to /co i, vets get /co l, and elites keep their exclusive /kick ability. 

As it stands we are talking about, give or take, 225 days of voting for no real benefit on the server, other than the standard $25 and slot token per vote.  

I don't know if this is even up for debate, but I was quite annoyed about the removal of the /co i privileges for experts. Thoughts from anyone else, particularly admin/Frost?

EDIT: Advanced gets the extra sethome, my mistake

While I don't agree that the log commands should be given to Experts, or any (now) vote rank period, I do agree that the current Adepts and Advanced were shortchanged in their pursuit of a higher rank.

The logging commands were removed from expert and co l from vet after the new vote rank changes because I was worried that the new influx of experts would cause the coreprotect system to slow down and prevent staff from efficiently fixing grief.

With the issue of ranks having no new perks - I am working on that! I am stuck as to what kind of perks to add to the ranks that would not interfere with VIP ranks. If you have any suggestions or plugins you'd like to see added to the vote ranks please suggest them either in another suggestion thread or in here. I will consider all of them

God damnit frost, now all i can think of is that Expert+ gets a wedding command and can marry 2 other players if they both accept XD

But for real tho, i think a kit boost would be pretty cool for those who have elytras, give out like 20-30 rockets without firework charges in them.
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

I agree with Doc, the kit's, to me would be a welcome addition
"There are two things infinite; the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

I think adding ./fly for a certain rank (perhaps Veteran) would encourage people to vote more, because thatgivesan alternative for gaining fly instead of just buying vip.
-0,0 days without a sh*tpost

-Forum dwelling since 2015! 

I don't think /fly should be given, but maybe one of the pet plugins would be cool for voting.
- KatNip

(01-07-2018, 01:08 AM)frost Wrote: The logging commands were removed from expert and co l from vet after the new vote rank changes because I was worried that the new influx of experts would cause the coreprotect system to slow down and prevent staff from efficiently fixing grief.

With the issue of ranks having no new perks - I am working on that! I am stuck as to what kind of perks to add to the ranks that would not interfere with VIP ranks. If you have any suggestions or plugins you'd like to see added to the vote ranks please suggest them either in another suggestion thread or in here. I will consider all of them

Ok the removal of the /co i perk makes sense now, but as for perks, i feel like if your an expert rank, you've obviously been around the server for quite some time and should be able to trusted with commands similar to this. While new plugins like kits or pets would be cool little perks to have, i think the higher ranks should receive perks where they could contribute to the server or even lighten the load on staff if possible. 

if the coreprotect commands are off the table, i was thinking something like the ability to set warps (you wouldn't bypass the cost, obviously) for yourself, or perhaps something like being able to view the server stats (tps, etc) and help initiate things like restarts. 

Obviously, these are just thoughts i had, but I feel like being loyal to the server for long enough to gain these higher voter ranks should have rewards that allow access to, not necessarily "back-door" commands, but commonly used commands that aren't going to hurt the server if more people have access.

Apologies if the sentences aren't coherent...just rambling lol

I got some ideas for rank perks on the server. How about with a rank up to expert and vet you get 10 slot tokens or something like that? Or a coupon for a free low grade vehicle from warp dealership?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

i agree with jolly on this, i feel like the ranks that you have to stay for so long to get should let you help out on the server a little bit. Maybe be given the ability to for example mute people for maximum of 1 minute ( but i can see why this command might not be the best example)
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King