• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prevent Despawning?
Is there any way to stop a hostile mob from despawning? I built a cage for a ghast, and hatched a ghast egg inside it. But next time I checked, he had despawned. So then I tried naming the egg on my anvil before hatching it, but that one despawned too.

I've seen caged withers at some shops. How do they do that?

TEO

nametag

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I don't think naming the egg itself does anything, but as 14 said, use a nametag

I'll try that. Naming the egg seemed easier. Too bad it doesn't work!

Note that even with nametagged, your mob can still despawn if it reaches the mob chunk limit. So, I'd recommend to keep it away from your farm animals and not at your warp spawn.

The Ghast at TheRanch  is named with a nametag, not the Egg, but the ghast itself. Has been there for a few weeks now. 

Big Grin

Jeff

(02-06-2018, 12:21 PM)Jeff Wrote: The Ghast at TheRanch  is named with a nametag, not the Egg, but the ghast itself. Has been there for a few weeks now. 

Big Grin

Jeff

I saw that one, but didn't see that it was named. Does the name only appear for the player who tagged it?

I will definitely do it that way, as soon as I get another ghast egg. BTW, does wearing a jack-o-lantern helmet prevent ghast attacks while you tag them? My last one started fireballing me immediately.

TEO

I haven't gone near enough to see if the name shows lol
I get fire balled very quickly, thinks it's the only time Norman smiles.