• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the Voter Perks
A couple ideas:
1. /ext - extinguish yourself
2. /book - unsign a written book so you can edit it again
3. keep xp on death
4. /feed
5. magic (&k) text on signs
6. You can also let experts /setwarp and add a $500 cost to it (which is easily possible with essentials). This would allow them to help mods set warps for the nonVIPs.
7. Perhaps disguises for a certain mob
-DrBot

Maybe something like this?  So every additional rank gets at least a little bit of a useful perk (as opposed to just more responsibility,) but the VIPs still have some meaningful advantages...

Rookie: access to /warp
Regular: 2 sethomes
Member: 3 sethomes
Experienced: [Warp] signs and creative access
Advanced: [Disposal] signs and 4 sethomes
Adept: 5 sethomes
Expert: 6 sethomes
Veteran: /co i and 7 sethomes;  perhaps also add setwarps, or keep XP on death
Elite: Unchanged, or perhaps add one of previously mentioned perks
VIP1: Same, but with 9 sethomes instead of 5
VIP2: Same, but 12 sethomes instead of 10
VIP3: Same

Other thoughts: Maybe set up a high-end slot machine with unique awards that can only be accessed at certain rank/VIP level(s)?

ETA: Dunno how practical it would be to do it, or whether it would lend itself easily to abuse, but it also occurs to me that the ability to add barrier blocks might be a good perk at one of the higher levels.

/feed used to be vip3 but was removed
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

what about custom prefixes for the highest rank on the server?
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

I would definitely vote more If I could get some Barrier blocks.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Honestly, unless there is a rank that let's me look at the logs, I don't think voting is worth it. The only reason I wanted to vote was to be able to see who messed with my boxes at lumber or who griefed me without bothering staff if I don't need to.  Because the saplings all being gone doesn't always mean someone took them all.

Honestly, I don't understand how someone looking at logs would slow down the system, and unless there was proof that it actually happens I don't think it was actually necessary to take it away. After all, it's not like people are constantly checking the logs of every block they come around. 

But all in all, without the ability to check the block logs, I don't see any reason to vote. Being able to set off fireworks, or feed myself, or extinguish myself doesn't seem worth 200+ days of voting or whatever for top ranks. So don't expect me to be voting for something less than logs .

That's my opinion.

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

co i was added back into expert today and we are experimenting with 1 more vote site for the next month. Still reading all the suggestions and considering all of them so if you have any ideas they will all be appreciated