• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Culture
I was gonna make this a forum game, but couldn't think of any working rules so instead let's just have a nice chat about those weird and wacky differences there are between the countries we live in.

For example, WHO THE FUCK BOILS THEIR WATER IN THE MICROWAVE BUY AN ELECTRIC KETTLE kthnxbye
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

im too lazy to get out a pot, and kettles are expensive.

who the heck like Vegemite, its gross
[Image: 79ca12078dbede1dbd3dfa104d2ed112.gif]
Visit /warp bulk for all your building needs! 

ok so in britain a lot of places will have a sink with seperate hot and cold taps. this is cos originally we had shitty hot water tanks which were prone to getting contaminated, so we kept the hot water seperate from our drinking water. nowadays, idk, people just like it i guess. mostly you only get it in old buildings or restaurants though.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

(02-18-2018, 04:47 AM)Penguin Wrote: ok so in britain a lot of places will have a sink with seperate hot and cold taps. this is cos originally we had shitty hot water tanks which were prone to getting contaminated, so we kept the hot water seperate from our drinking water. nowadays, idk, people just like it i guess. mostly you only get it in old buildings or restaurants though.

thus you must repetitively dart your hands from one side to the other to form a perfect equilibrium of 'Luke-warm' water, without scalding your hand or getting hypothermia
"There are two things infinite; the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein

I boil water in a kettle on the gas stove...? ??

Here in the states we think every other country loves us but we don’t realize how many really hate us

Those who hunt monsters should be careful lest they become monsters themselves-Fredrick Nietzche 

The kissing on cheeks in alot of different countries. If you try that here you will get smacked around a bit.

In norway, we dont talk to anyone on the streets, but if you're out walking in the forest or the mountains you HAVE to say hi to everyone you meet....

Also, norwegian people only take up the seats closest to the middle of the bus, and if they are taken, people would rather stand than sit next to people
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

In the States, you are supposed to tip your server.
[Image: latest?cb=20140209085003]

(02-19-2018, 04:13 PM)Oshakai Wrote: In the States, you are supposed to tip your server.

Used to be like that here aswell, but nowadays tip is included on the price, government want their share...