• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spawners and eggs
I had read that you could change the mob created by a spawner by using an egg on it. It works in creative mode single player. But I just found out it doesn't work on Hometown.

Bummer.

TEO

Frost has a plugin that disables mob cage spawners from being changed, for very obvious reasons. There's some players out there with shulker, vindicator and elder guardian mob spawn eggs *cough*. And thus without the plugin, it can be quite abused.

I was hoping to farm something more interesting than rotting flesh and spider eyes but can see how that could mess up the economy. And some of the nastier mobs could make the spawner areas very dangerous. I haven't thought much about other possibilities.

Anyone in the market for a few thousand rotting flesh?  Big Grin

Next month's voter prize Should be a spawner. That would Definitely increase the votes. It could be as simple as a Villager Spawner.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

that would create too much of an unfair advantage imo, just one spawn egg is fine.
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

A villager spawner isn't all that simple

I was planning on converting a spider spawner to spawn slimes instead. (I have a project in mind that needs a LOT of sticky pistons.) Since that won't work, does anyone know of a shop selling slimeballs, or a working slime farm?

TEO

If custom spawners are possible, I would submit that it might be a good one-shot top voter prize to consider, provided it wasn't spawning any mob that was too game-breaking or couldn't be had any other way.

Like, for example, I definitely wouldn't want to see a wither or ghast spawner. That'd just bork the hell out of everything. But it's already possible for anyone to build a high-yield iron or gold farm, or even just a large cow farm; but all of those are complicated, time-consuming and space-eating propositions. A pigman, iron golem or cow spawner wouldn't allow the player to do anything they can't currently accomplish; it would just be a really helpful, time and space-saving shortcut (and in the case of the gold farm, might allow for building it on the main server world? Since you wouldn't have all those lag-generating nether portals?)