• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sethome/warp warning message
Lightbulb 
I can't recall if this is currently a feature but...  Would it be possible to add a warning message for players who try to warp or /tpa without having a home location set?

Something like: 
"You do not have a home location set, are you sure you want to warp away?"

It may alleviate the instances where players need help finding their houses because they warp to a shop/farm/etc without setting a home.

this sounds like a great thing to have.

btw, love the Gallifreyan text in your profile pic
"Permit my hazard into your plight. Once life sucked, now 'tis alright?" -Epros, Okage Shadow King

I like it, but I feel like that would be somewhat complicated to add - someone on the staff team would have to know JavaScript, but I'm sure at least one of them do Tongue
Check out these warps:
PemiShop- Buy and sell items!
PemiSlime - $900 for life, two chunk AFK slime farm!
Paint - Free easels and dye for all!
Court - For all your minor disputes!

That would be incredibly helpful, and it doesn't sound (to this, only-vaguely-familiar-with-coding individual) like something that should be beyond the realm of technical feasibility. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have the first clue how to go about doing it.

the problem I see is that they will get warning in spawn when they first join if they tpa someone.

I can also see it becoming an issue if it spamed you every time you /rand before finding a home.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

perhaps after the player removes/places a certain amount of blocks it turns on the message or just warn them 5 times as they teleport around to set it in their heads they need to /sethome when they make a home

not a bad idea Moo, not sure what kind of apps there are for that or if it is something that would have to be coded.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.