• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Rank
I believe it times for a new rank for higher up in power. You see there so many warps, so much land that could be grief that the higher up in power have no time to check it out. What I am asking for is simple we need some people to go visit these spots. It does not have to be all the time just once a month or something like that.  I believe if we add a new higher up rank for that them we could cut down and grief and it would stop people before they could grief more. So I say to you guys just please think about it and I am willing to volunteer to help with this new rank. Now lets talk about the power they get well the only power I believe these new higher up should have is that they can check who grief the spot and see how old it is and that it nothing else. So thank you for reading this I hope this will be a new rank.

We already have a rank that can only check logs, that would be elite I believe. However they aren't actually staff, just sort of a player that can help people out a little bit. Only way you can get this final rank is through manual promotion.  It's a rank I look forward to trying to achieve. However they aren't required to go look for grief, but could if they chose to.

[Image: 7bNhSIS.png]

We already have many ranks like that. Anyone from Expert-Founder has the ability to do so, which is half of the available ranks on HomeTown.
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]

And the staff are on quite alot, shisuan and gecko are commonly on most days. There isn't much need for a new rank for anyone to fill!
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

I believe what Bloom was asking for would be for some people to go through the warps and actually look for damage on a schedule (perhaps) instead of just having grief reported when found, actually go look for it. That would require a lot of time on peoples part as there is a lot (lot!) of warps! There are a lot of staff and people who are able to check logs to see who actually broke or changed things, and then we can check to see where else that person has been or what they have changed.
Bloom - maybe you could get a group of volunteers together to do something like this Smile
I think the RBS is trying to do something similar for the server roads.

There are alot of warps but most seemed unused and nothing new built around them, there are like 50 or so warps that are high traffic, all the others are warp names that are a little different like "'#" or "1" as people use those warps as ways to get to their own creations that are more secluded.
What i'm trying to get at is, all the warps that could be greifed are high traffic well known warp names as thats where (usually new players) go due to the warp names being talked about. As those warps are used by staff and other players grief is very minimal as it's constantly fixed by staff. So from what I see, all the warps that get griefed are fixed in about 5 minutes and any other warps that aren't fixed is because no one uses the warp name and/or goes there. So theres not much need of a new "helper" something type of rank.

While the concept of having dedicated people run around and check for grief sounds good on paper, I don't think it is practical. Players are responsible for policing their own area. I suspect that if we had a "grief assessment team," what would end up happening is that as soon as someone with roll back powers logged in they would get inundated with a flood of "help" calls. We need to keep in mind that staff are also players. They have things they want to do on the server too. It could get frustrating for staff if they never get to play because they have to answer a laundry list of grief request by people actively hunting for griefed areas that are not theirs. That is not to say that staff is not willing to help people if they find grief on their own lands or randomly as they are wandering about, but to have a group running round the server calling out grief every few moments could get old real fast.

As it stands, some of the non-staff ranks have the ability to look at the logs and see if damage is grief and by who. So in a way we already have a sort of "helper" rank.
Just enough of a Bastard to be worth liking.

Yeh trusted (it's original name) which is now veteran is kind of the helper rank, check logs, tell staff but thats about it.