Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Ban Appeal sarahbakescakes
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: sarahbakescakes

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Star

Why should you be unbanned: My roommates thought it would be a funny joke to get on and "help me out" with my game play on the server while I was at dinner. I wouldn't ever use x-ray on a minecraft server, as if I would, I would have done it when I first joined the server. I don't know the amount of stuff they mined, but I have no issue with giving it up, and I already talked to them about not doing it again. 

Why do you want to come back: I brought a lot of my friends on to the server to play with, and we have worked really hard on establishing a base and getting set up. I'm enjoying the community on the server and would love to continue being a part of it. Also, MNMONE and Lizbakescookies are my younger siblings and I do apologize for their behavior. 

Im gonna add to this one. I just found grief at warp blaze from you sarahbakescakes
, can you explain it`?

Oh, I'm so sorry about that, I thought I put everything back in place. I wasn't able to actually get any of the items, so I went inside the spawner to collect the resources. Since it had a warp I figured it was for anyone to use, and I 100% didn't mean to do any damage, as obviously I would like to use it in the future. The damage was accidental and I do apologize for it. I would be more than happy to fix it.

Sarah, regardless of who x-rayed, what happens on your account is your responsibility. The number of people we get claiming (and the majority of the time lying) that it was someone else that cheated and not them is much too high for the ban to be dismissed. That being said, you'll be given the questions an x-rayer would normally get to be unbanned. Please answer each question with 3-4 sentences.

- Why is x-raying wrong?

- How does x-raying affect other players?

- How does x-raying affect the server's economy?

- What have you learned from this ban?
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

I understand. 

- Why is x-raying wrong?
It's inherently cheating and goes against the true meaning of the game. It's also unfair to other players as they follow the rules, but the cheater is benefiting from their negative actions. Thus, this creates a world where rule followers are the ones being punished which is a backwards system that won't maintain order.  

- How does x-raying affect other players?
It affects other players because you are collecting a larger chunk of the resources in a limited survival world, at a faster rate than other members of the community can. This in turn harms their experience on the server and their overall gameplay. This would also create a resource monopoly, which yet again is unfair.

- How does x-raying affect the server's economy?
I don't know a ton about the economy on the server, as I'm still new, but simple supply and demand rules would apply here. Mined items are a good and there is a limited amount of all of them. When you procure a mass amount of something like diamond, you are skewing the buy and sell system. 

- What have you learned from this ban?
I learned that I need to lock my computer when I go out, so others can't mess around and cause harm to the server. I have also learned that I need to be careful of my actions on the server as they will affect everyone else on as well as myself. On top of this, if I want to be a part of the community, the rules must be followed. 

Please re-read the directions I gave you, and edit your appeal accordingly.

Done.

Alrighty, at the time this reply is posted, you’ll be unbanned. Please note it’s routine for your balance to be reset to $0, and please hand in any diamonds/diamond tools that you suspect were unfairly obtained to any online staff member. Welcome back to HomeTown.