Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
CreeperKing309 - Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: CreeperKing309

Reason for your ban: Stealing from innocent players by being a complete grinch

Who banned you: Rayvenz/Derpedos

Why should you be unbanned: Hello everyone. It has now been around 4 or 5 months since I was banned from this server. I understand completely why I was banned and why what I did was absolutely terrible and against the rules. In a sense, I can’t justify my actions, because I was completely in the wrong for what I did and 100% respect the decision to ban me. However, I can tell you why I believe that I should be unbanned, not by saying that what I did wasn’t all bad, but by saying how I will be in the future. Firstly, after being banned, I chose to think very long and hard about whether I even deserve to be unbanned and whether I was ready or not. Now, months later, after much thought and debate, I have decided that I do really want to come back (I expand upon this in the next section) and that I should (should is a strong word, at the end of the day, I realize that it is completely up to the staff) be unbanned. I first analyzed the root cause of me getting banned, what truly caused me to steal from other players. It was greed, stemming from obsession. By the time I was banned, I had become completely addicted to hometown and thus wanted to do the best that I could on the server. At that time, I had interpreted that goal (to do the best I could) as to do the best I could for myself. As in, make the most money, have the most stuff, etc. My addiction and dedication to that goal became so greedy that I overlooked legal and just means of meeting this goal, which in itself was selfish and overall irrelevant. My solution to this goal, breaking the server rules and stealing, was a heat of the moment decision, that was the manifestation of my greed, addiction, and bad judgement. It was a terrible “solution” and I completely regret it. It was totally unfair of me to do, and downright malicious. Another “reason” that I realized I may have had for doing this was that subconscious part of me that realized that I was spending too much time on the server and gave me that “Take risks, if you’re caught, at least you get a break” mentality. Obviously, my mind was not in the right place, as I assume happens after spending over 6 hours a day playing minecraft. However, now that in these past months I have been able to assess my situation, realizing where and how I went wrong, I have come up with some solutions that will prevent me from ANY illegal server activity in the future. With these actions taken, I can firmly promise that I will not encounter the preconditions that lead to my bad actions in the future. To cause this, one thing I have settled on, is a new goal. I realize that I may have been on the right track with my first goal, but only to a point. It is good to do well on the server, but one doesn’t need everything. It gets to a point (that I believe I had reached months before I got banned) where one has so much that it would be better for them to do the best they can for others. It is useless to keep contributing to a cause that is already fully supported, when there are plenty others that need a helping hand themself. I know this all sounds cliche, but it truly works. Helping oneself past this point of achievement leads to a petty, greedy luxuriousness that leads to illegal or immoral activity, sort of that “the rich are above the law/ the rich get richer” mindset, that I realize is completely nonsense. With a goal to help others that truly need it, rather than myself who doesn’t, I will still have a reason to play, but without the dangers that greed brings. I have already been fairly generous with my possessions and money on the server, donating as much as $5000 to new, hard working players and friends that deserve and want it. I pledge to be even more generous and helpful in the future, focussing on the success of those that truly need it. I want to be a helping hand, and I really want this chance to turn this whole mess around. Additionally, I pledge to spend less time on hometown, so as to prevent this sort of insanity I was experiencing. I would also like to clarify, these “reasons” that I gave for misbehaving are not attempts to justify my wrongful actions. As justification, I promise to always follow server rules and be as helpful and friendly as I can to others on the server. I promise, especially after being banned and realizing that there are always consequences for bad actions, to do better in the future, and not waste my potential to contribute to the greatness of this server, by helping others and giving back to the server more than I selfishly took away from it.

Why do you want to come back: Where to even begin… there are so many reasons why I wish to come back to hometown, many of which are cliche and perhaps selfish. Firstly however, I want to come back to prove to not only the server, but mainly to myself that I can contribute and cooperate with others in a friendly (and legal) way. Hometown has been my favorite minecraft server as soon as I found it 4 or 5 years ago. I have been so devoted to it over the years, and having some time away from it to truly think about my mistakes has been truly helpful to me as a person, I now realize how much I truly miss it and love it. I have made so many friends, and so many builds and learned so many things that I just hate being away from. I bought VIP3 to support the server, because I truly recognize all the effort that the staff and others put into this server to make it into this friendly, perfect atmosphere that I love. I even recognize the effort that the staff puts in to get rid of greedy outlaws like me, and I really hope and have made plans to act out of compassion for others rather than greed for myself, because I truly would love this server to succeed and to be a part of that success. Whether I get let back in or not, though I truly wish that I am given another opportunity to prove myself, I would like to say thank you to the staff, the players, and most certainly all the friends I made, and every aspect of the server that I truly miss. I would love to help the people who are passionate about the server just like I am, and to steer them away from bad judgement like that I have made in the past. I recognize that I made a monumental mistake, and that my “solution” can come off as just seeking sympathy or just being conceptual and unrealistic, but I truly just seek another chance to give back to this wonderful server and I wholeheartedly promise to NEVER go against the rules that keep the server intact and successful, and to help others and the server as best I can.

Thank you,

CreeperKing309

Hello,

I understand that the staff are probably waiting on this appeal for good reason and I respect that, I just wanted to make sure and voice that I am still interested in being unbanned. Also, I noticed that I didn't actually say so in the appeal, but I am truly sorry for what I did and hope that I formally apologize to everyone that I stole from and the staff members that I inconvenienced. It was foolish, and I am sorry.

Thank you and Best WIshes,

CreeperKing309
Farewell Hometown, for now at least. It's been fun. Sorry I ruined it Sad

Best of luck to all of you,

Hopefully this isn't the end.

Sincerely,

Creep

Appeal denied.
[Image: IqEDa8l.png][Image: IgRwvbV.gif]

Fair enough.

Thank you for all of your help, I apologize for all of my actions and hope for another chance in the future whenever that may be, but do not count on one or foresee that happening. I 100% respect your decision and thank you again for your dedication to the server. I don't quite know if I would be allowed another appeal in the future, but in any case know that that will be a long time from now. Thank you.

Farewell and best wishes,

CreeperKing309
Farewell Hometown, for now at least. It's been fun. Sorry I ruined it Sad

Best of luck to all of you,

Hopefully this isn't the end.

Sincerely,

Creep