44.12%
30 44.12%
Total 68 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[UNOFFICIAL POLL] Map reset
Pull the trigger piglet let’s do this thing, fresh reset
Human embodiment of Murphy’s Law, at your service!

Am all for a reset. If you have been to the spiggot site you will see it could be 6 months to a year before a reliable map conversion would be possible if ever. Even with a map conversion ability in 6+ months some plug in items may not convert properly.  I have some builds and a little bit of in game money however I believe that a fresh start would be good for all and help increase the player base of HT and retain players before they go somewhere else to play 1.13. Would like to see the present map become the new Old HT server.

Reset it!
Moo?
Free Experience and Gold - /warp pigman, /warp moop
Free Villager Trading Hall - /warp lobster
Free Leather Farm - /warp mooch
Free Mob Farm - /warp mobfarm

In all honesty, I would really like a server reset. It would not only be a fresh start, but also make a lot of new friendships in the long run. It'll be sad to see my old builds go, but a reset would give an opputunity to make even greater things.

In all honesty, I would really like to see the server reset. It'll be rough for older players, but it'll be a new, fresh start, with more people and opertunities. Even though a lot of people won't want it to be reset, if you think about it, if we don't reset more glitches will occur and you still won't get a chance to loot rare structures!

Here are my pros and cons to this
Pros
Fresh start, no more unfinished projects cluttering my time.
1.13 blocks o.o
Conduits
Swimming
New logs for builders like me.
TWURTLES

Cons:
I will completely have to rebuy all my warps, I have like (50)
I will have to rebuild everything
Artmap goes bye bye
Other plugins go bye bye
Some of my friends quit because of reset, (yes they will quit)
idk if party plugin will be compatible either,
Have to redo the shops and stuff (if there are build contests for it, count this as a positive)
water graphics lag for me,
CillyArt will be gone
Warp Wolfe will be gone
Warp TwilightHQ will be gone,
My Onechunk build would have been for nothing,
I'll have to live with iron tools o.o

I can't think of anything else but currently the cons outweigh the pros
if you can convince me otherwise Ill change my vote to yes.
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

I'm down for a reset.
I've remade Ufarms a number of times already so doing it again is not a big deal.  Also, I really want to play with the new water physics.  I'm to the point now on the server that I just fly around and watch other people do stuff because I have done almost everything I want to do.
HomeTown since April 2015

Warps:
Ufarms

I'm all for a reset. I'll lose many builds I cherish, but it's for the best to just get the reset over and done with, not only so the HT player-base can continue to grow, but so that we can start anew. Yes, you'll lose all your builds, money, etc that you've been gathering for the past few years, but a map reset is inevitable, its just a matter of when; a few years is a good amount of time between resets in my opinion, it frees up resources in the main world so that every player, new and old, has an equal chance of obtaining them.

The server has been through this before, where the server was split between resetting and waiting, and I don't ever regret wanting that reset either; it provided a fresh start to everyone on the server and frankly created an influx of new players, many of which I still recognize from 2 years ago when we reset the first time.

As far as I know, none of our builds will be truly "lost". They will still be accessible from the old server.
[Image: uQjg3ot.jpg]
Cookie___Monster

I'll miss my house + area I have, but I'm not entirely against the idea of a reset, mostly because I want to play with the new water physics and have my own area with a bunch of fish in it.

Edit: I'd be worried that some of the people I know would leave the server entirely. So if I had to choose, I want to wait for everything to update instead.

I voted for "Reset" but count my vote as "No reset", Please!
[Image: image0.jpg]

I can understand that it will help player growth but I see a few cons, we only just had an event were many people got some great loot... that would be gone in the reset.
Long lasting shops and builds, especially uber? new buysell is gonna go?
Many plug in's still won't be up for a while, so we will be a lot more basic
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

I would prefer waiting, I really want to save my builds if possible, a lot of work went into them. Sorry if that’s selfish ._.
Farewell Hometown, for now at least. It's been fun. Sorry I ruined it Sad

Best of luck to all of you,

Hopefully this isn't the end.

Sincerely,

Creep