• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The server Inflation rate
So recently I found that people want to know what the real-world inflation rate for the server IGC aka In Game Currency. So after doing much research I found some interesting information and just doing the basic numbers.

Now the information that I am using Is from the last major census used and sent out by Jobot  back in June 2015. Now at this point the census stated that the server economy had about 3million dollars in all. Not by now that number probably has increased significantly. But for now we are using this old data.

So when originally I thought about this topic with no data and facts or math done behind it . you would think 100IGC would equal to 1000$ RW real world Money. But actually based on server website data and currency buying . that truth be tolled. the servers currency rate is 35$ IGC is equal to 1$ RWM.

Now with the IGC starter pack which is 100$ when you first start. this information states you could buy it for 3.5$ RWM
100$ IGC.

With this info I was able to also find out at this point of the servers life that the economy its self really has 11.66Million IGM technically . Now to buy out the servers economy to where it is equal to that amount is 333$ RWM or 3331$ between Now that part of the data is sketchy only because the math was hard to figure out I assure though I could figure it out . So if someone else figures it out tell me and this thread will be changed edited and the person who found the flaw will be credited. thnx for the time

Server economy 11.66 Mil IGM.

There is currently 4,129,249.77 IGM, with the current method of purchasing IGM being either 350 IGM for $10 or 800 IGM for  $20, the conversion rate is either 35 to 1 or 40 to 1. So, to convert IGM to USD, 4.1 mil by either 35 or 40. This leads to a range of values from a min of 102,500 USD to 117,142 USD, this is unadjusted though. To adjust for inflation, it can be assumed that the values were created at the creation of the server back in 2013 (I think), this means that the value of the dollar has changed by .02, so one 2013 dollar is worth 1.02 2016 dollars. This means that the value of all the currency on ht is now either 119,483 or 104,550 USD. Now, to calculate the inflation of the IGM, a product is needed to use as the price index.  In this case, diamond probably works best as it is near impossible to farm (ignoring villager tool/armor trades), this its own inflation is negligible.  So, by using the price of diamond 1 year ago (~2.8 I think) and the current price (~1.5 I think) the inflation can be determined.  To give that 1 1-year old IGC is worth about 1.87 current IGC, so 102500 2013 USD worth of IGC (4.1 mil 2013 IGC) would be about 7.667 mil 2016 IGC. By comparison,  if you saved the 2013 USD and the return on savings just kept up with inflation, your 104,550 2016 USD would get you 4.2 mil IGC. These numbers are obviously not perfect as I don't have a full record on diamond prices and using diamonds as the price index isn't great as there is a near infinite account of them with the resource world, in addition most of the currency is not backed by anything meaningful, meaning until an authority sets it's value, the value is extremely volatile, with the rise and fall of major shops able to change it dramatically. Also, there is no real record of IGC that I know of that covers all the time from start of currency to the present. If you want to take something awayfrom this if should be that the value of the IGC has been changing much faster than it probably should be
Sorry about that whole “shooting you” thing, but I know if you look deep into your heart, which is currently all over that tree, you’ll find a way to forgive me.

[Image: GU8OFOr.png]