Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-ray Ban Appeal (In Proper Format)
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): Survival Multiplayer

Minecraft name: TheRadioShower

Reason for your ban: X-ray

Who banned you: Uber

Why should you be unbanned: [1] I will no longer use an x-ray texture pack to mine for resources, that only has to be stated because I sense the first thing people will assume is if I am unbanned, I will go back to using the texture pack. If I do, it will be easily detectable, and I will be banned again with no chance of making an appeal again. Hopefully that alone shows you that my hands are tied. I honestly would like to return to the server, and I know it's not easy approving an x-ray ban appeal, but I hope I can make the proper adjustments needed to give me that chance. [2] I have not profited in any way from the resources I have collected. I have never sold diamonds, gold, iron, or any other valuable material to any shops. The most I have sold were a few stacks of cobblestone. My account balance on the server is below $200. It was never my intention to exploit the server's economy. [3] Yes, I have collected diamond and other ingots illegally, but I also have given a lot of the stuff I find away. Besides a set of diamond armor and tools, all the diamond I have collected has been sitting in a chest. And I had full intention of giving that diamond away to other players. In fact, I have already done this several times. I didn't ask for anything in return, I didn't ask for payment or a trade, I just gave people diamonds. I know this may not be the strongest argument to make right now, but Minecraft is just a game to me. The diamonds in game are purely fictional. Yes, I have collected them in a way is considered cheating, but I also gave them away freely because they don't mean anything to me. [4] I am completely and unconditionally prepared to forfeit the minerals I have gathered to the mods, or if permitted, give my entire collection away to other players. I only ask that I be left with my building materials and items I have collected legitimately. I don't know why I would be allowed to keep what I have gathered, but even if I am, I will still give it away. That was always my intention.

Why do you want to come back: HomeTown has grown on me since I first logged on last week. It has grown on me so much, in fact, that I even purchased a VIP rank from the website. I enjoyed the server that was created by the mods, and I wanted to support the server, so I gave a little of my money to help keep it running. So many things felt right. The community is friendly. Building is unrestricted and the mods are very helpful towards preventing grief and that is something I truly admire. HomeTown is the first Minecraft server I have logged in since high school four years ago, when I took a break from Minecraft, and for the most part it has almost felt like I was playing Minecraft for the first time again. I was making friends, building saloons and apartments for town mayors, interacting with the community, and even voice chatted with other players and had a genuinely good time. I was on the verge of making friends again. Since I have been banned I have stepped into other servers and haven't had the same experience. I feel very welcome at HomeTown, and I hope the mods can allow me a chance to redeem myself for my past exploitation, and allow me to concentrate on building, and helping make communities with the mayors. I've only built two structures in the server, structures that took me a long time to gather the resources for and make, and I want to build so many more. I hope the mods can consider that. Thank you for your consideration.

Excellent post and thank you for your honesty, I will still want at least 1 sentence per question answers.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?
[Image: keez3aZ.png]

[quote pid='26990' dateline='1543591927']
Why is X-raying bad?

X-raying uses a graphical exploit to allow a player to see ores and other materials through layers and layers of stone and dirt. An x-raying player can immediately spot and collect valuable ore without any challenge. On a single player world, using this exploit accelerates the progress towards the single player end game, but on a multiplayer server puts you unfairly ahead of other players, who are not using the same exploit and therefore are progressing through the game normally while the exploiting player is progressing unfairly faster than them. It's essentially like cheating on a test with an answer sheet and acing it when everyone else studied hard for weeks to get the same grade.

How does X-raying affect other players?

Using this exploit takes diamonds away from other players. An x-raying player will most likely mine primarily for diamonds, and any player mining in the same area would most likely be denied of a chance to mine diamond because an x-raying player has already stripped it all from the game world. Secondly, the cheating player has an unfair advantage in combat because of his diamond weapons and armor.

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

A cheating player can sell what he mines for a large profit. And following on my last point, a non-cheating player may have the opportunity of collecting diamond and other materials for sale denied to him by a cheating player who has already collected it all from the game world.

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

Saving the money to purchase the item at a shop, or seeing if another player is generous enough to let you borrow or keep the item you are looking for.

What have you learned from this ban?

Using an x-ray exploit is a serious offense that is not taken lightly by the mods, that gives an unfair advantage to the cheating player while hurting the server's economy and player population. There is no Good or Bad when it comes to cheating. It is still unfair and will land you a ban no matter if you are being selfish of generous. If I want to cheat, I can go into a single player game, but if I log into HomeTownMC then I have to play the game legit.
[/quote]

You have been unbanned, please turn over all diamonds/ores/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when you log in. Failure to do so will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown.