• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Ray Ban Appeal Request
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP.

Minecraft name: brandon_droid

Reason for your ban: X-Ray

Who banned you: AmbularD

Why should you be unbanned: [1] I am deeply sorry for my mistake, and I know what I did was wrong, yet I still continued time after time. At first, I only used X-Ray to earn diamonds, then I realized I could sell them for money. I could buy great stuff and trade with other people yet I knew in the back of my mind I was wrong. I had become addicted, coming back to do the same thing time and time again. My mistake started from the very moment I installed that texture pack. [2] I will give you all of my items, a fresh start because I deserve it. I disrupted the economy with my X-Ray and for that I am profoundly remorseful. I bought items and gave cheated money to other players, without their knowledge that I'd been cheating. I sincerely promise to never repeat these actions and swear on my behalf that these mistakes shan't be repeated.

Why do you want to come back: I have only played on Hometown-MC for a short while, but the people I met there were so friendly, so enjoyable, and I should have never cheated. I will miss the laughs I had and the short time I shared with other people if I never return, but once again I am extremely regretful for the choices I made. I loved all the creations people made and I loved getting on and going back to my cozy house and talking to the friendly folks there as I advanced in gear. At the start, I didn't think about cheating so my first set of regular diamond armor was an achievement to me, and receiving a warm welcome at the start was something I'd never seen before in a server, so that enticed me to keep coming back. I am greatly apologetic and I regret even mining a cheated diamond.
[Image: 15d2qrq.jpg]

So here's the deal, you seem like you genuinely want to come back, I will ask that you answer each of the following questions with a minimum of three sentences each. Following which Ambular and myself will review your answers and discuss the possibility of unbanning you.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?

(12-02-2018, 05:57 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: So here's the deal, you seem like you genuinely want to come back, I will ask that you answer each of the following questions with a minimum of three sentences each. Following which Ambular and myself will review your answers and discuss the possibility of unbanning you.

Why is X-raying bad?

How does X-raying affect other players?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy?

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray?

What have you learned from this ban?
Why is X-raying bad? X-Raying is bad because it gives a player an unfair advantage, in my case I wanted a faster way to mine diamonds yet other people were faced with a challenge. In real life, an example would be on a test two people take. Person A studies hard for the test, but on the other hand, Person B cheated on the test to get an easy A. They both get 100% but their was a notable difference in effort. Not fair. Just like how I was mining diamonds with X-Ray to get them easily but the other folks had to mine for hours to earn the same amount, yet I got them in a matter of minutes. Again, not fair and I am deeply apologetic once more.

How does X-raying affect other players? X-Raying affects other players in a negative way because when I am putting minimal effort into earning money, while other players have shops, farms, and dedicate multiple hours to keep their businesses up and running, I sit here and do nothing. I'm going to use school as an example again: A kid in class who does nothing, still gets summer break, vs. A kid who works hard and earns a nice summer break; which one deserves to relax more?

How does X-raying affect the server’s economy? I X-Rayed for diamonds, so I could sell 1 for +$50 in game balance, so when I had stacks, I practically abused the system to earn "free money" which isn't good, and now I've understood that. It isn't good because people work hard to sell/farm/build and when all I had to do was cheat, I indirectly made a mockery of their time spent into this server. It's like printing counterfeit money in real life, and earning fraudulent cash on Hometown.

If you really need an item what is a better way of getting it than using X-Ray? If I really need an item it is usually purchasable with in-game currency. I can vote, mine, farm, and sell, none of those things require X-Ray, just time. That is where I went wrong. I wanted to skip the whole "time" part and get straight to the god stuff, but I realize that is part of the game. If you just skip to level 81 in Skyrim rather than grinding to get it, you don't feel the same sense of pride that washes over you.

What have you learned from this ban? I learned that it isn't right to cheat like this, or cheat in general. It affects the whole server negatively and I wish I never had done it. I will make myself a better player and I promise never to cheat on this server again. I just want to see my friends again. I want to see the community and I want to laugh with them. I also learned a saying, that helps me prevent future mistakes. "When in doubt, don't do it."

sorry if this sounds bad, and i'll be happy to write it again, it's only because it's late.  

You have been unbanned. Your balance has been reset to zero and you will need to turn over all diamonds/ores/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when you log in. Failure to do so will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown!

(12-03-2018, 10:09 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: You have been unbanned. Your balance has been reset to zero and you will need to turn over all diamonds/ores/diamond tools/diamond armor to a staff member when you log in. Failure to do so will result in a re-banning. Welcome back to HomeTown!

Thank you! I did not read this so I did not log in so I will do this tomorrow when I get home from school!