• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto Restart Troubles
The auto restart was recently changed from 10 hours to 6 hours to help with lag, this did cause nothing but trouble due to the fact it was still broken and staff had to manually reboot the server.  Due to this it was near impossible to afk at public farms as the staff did not always reboot when the restart counted down.  It seemed every time I went to AFK after the restart didn't happen within the next few hours a staff member would come on and restart manually.  The problem was two fold, first just after I afk'd restart happened, therefore loosing an entire night of AFK or the worst was the restart happened a few hours later while I was AFK and after the restart someone would come along and take all my hard earned loot, again making my attempt at AFK useless.

I thought it was finally fixed earlier today only to now find the command/autore time does not work so I have no idea when the next restart is happening, again making it impossible to afk and when it did its first restart today it only gave a 1 minute warning.

I personally still believe that every 6 hours is too short and it should be at least 8 hours so overnight afk can be possible.

Why AFK, I own a shop and its getting hard to keep it stocked of certain items because I can't afk for them.  My AFK time is getting more limited due to Summer in Australia and am unable to leave my computer on during the day when I am not home so try and do overnight AfK as its a lot cooler.  I am unsure what or where the problem with the restart is and am just trying to get some more clarity on the issue.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

This new autorestart will restart every 6 hours at 0:00 6:00 12:00 18:00 GMT (-5). We are having issues with too many players and lag at the moment so Im afraid the intervals have to be more frequent. I recommend finding an auto relig/rejoin mod to bypass this if you need to afk without worry

EDIT : Experimenting with different autorestart timings. The ones posted above will be changed

Can anyone help me with find these mods as its basically impossible to do any afk, staff can't help me either as they have no idea. Again today I tried at a public farm only to get booted and someone else come along and take my hard earned stuff.
[img][Image: MzzZfHb.jpg?2][/img]

(01-01-2019, 11:18 PM)belgnbor Wrote: Can anyone help me with find these mods as its basically impossible to do any afk, staff can't help me either as they have no idea.  Again today I tried at a public farm only to get booted and someone else come along and take my hard earned stuff.

If I recall correctly, I mentioned Minecraft Console Client for you before. Its basically a text-only client with auto-rejoin options as well as antiAFK support.

Here is the link for it.
I changed a few settings to get it working, which you can see below:

MinecraftClient.ini (the number at start shows which line to modify)
Code:
10: login=(email for official mc launcher)
11: password=(password for official mc launcher)
12: serverip=smp.hometownmc.com

83: enabled=true
84: delay=600 #10 = 1s
85: command=/ping

88: enabled=true
89: delay=20
90: retries=5 #-1 = unlimited
91: kickmessagesfile=kickmessages.txt

kickmessages.txt (you have to create the txt manually)
Code:
restarting
kicked
Server Restarting! We will be back up any minute!
Server is restarting in 1 Seconds!
restart
disconnect

After saving both files, just start the MinecraftClient.exe and it should connect automatically to the server.
The reason why I turned on AntiAFK is because even I have VIP, the connection still get's terminated sometimes. With AntiAFK, you'll stay on the server.
You can use commands what you would normally use in-game, obviously without seeing anything.

If the server freezes, you can add the exact error message from your minecraft log file, so next time, it'll reconnect after getting kicked or disconnected with that message.

If you have some questions, just ask Wink

This is very useful, thank you DAv7!