Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ban appeal
Code:

Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: queenlucario

Reason for your ban: griefing

Who banned you: AmbularD

Why should you be unbanned: I think I was banned because I accidentally removed a torch.  I have only been playing Minecraft for a couple days now and I didn't know where to replace the torch, or how to reach the area that it looked like the torch would've gone.  I was only trying to mend my pickaxe with xp and I didn't mean to destroy anything.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because this is the first Minecraft server I've ever played in, and the first thing I've ever built is here.  Also, all of my friends play on this server.

(01-20-2019, 12:54 PM)aurorakeona Wrote: Code:

Why should you be unbanned: I think I was banned because I accidentally removed a torch.  I have only been playing Minecraft for a couple days now and I didn't know where to replace the torch, or how to reach the area that it looked like the torch would've gone.  I was only trying to mend my pickaxe with xp and I didn't mean to destroy anything.

Why do you want to come back: I want to come back because this is the first Minecraft server I've ever played in, and the first thing I've ever built is here.  Also, all of my friends play on this server.

You couldn't have accessed the area where the redstone torch was located without breaking the bricks nearby (which the server logs indicate you did) and the torch's removal broke the gold farm's machinery.

Please answer the following questions:

1.  Why is it not okay to damage other peoples' builds?

2.  What should you do the next time you accidentally break someone else's stuff?  (Because we understand that this does happen from time to time, and if you take the appropriate action you will not get in trouble.)

(01-21-2019, 11:45 AM)AmbularD Wrote:

You couldn't have accessed the area where the redstone torch was located without breaking the bricks nearby (which the server logs indicate you did) and the torch's removal broke the gold farm's machinery.

It is not okay because people work very hard on their builds, and any type of griefing is not allowed by rule in this server.

2.  What should you do the next time you accidentally break someone else's stuff?  (Because we understand that this does happen from time to time, and if you take the appropriate action you will not get in trouble.)

I should have tried to notify the builder or put back the items.  I was not very familiar with this place, so I only saw the torch.  I did not notice the other things.  I didn't know what to do to fix it, and did not know how to tell the player. I will make sure to figure out how to notify the other person if I ever accidentally damage anything again. 

(01-21-2019, 01:20 PM)aurorakeona Wrote:
(01-21-2019, 11:45 AM)AmbularD Wrote:

It is not okay because people work very hard on their builds, and any type of griefing is not allowed by rule in this server.

I should have tried to notify the builder or put back the items.  I was not very familiar with this place, so I only saw the torch.  I did not notice the other things.  I didn't know what to do to fix it, and did not know how to tell the player. I will make sure to figure out how to notify the other person if I ever accidentally damage anything again. 

Good answers.  So you know, though, if the owner is not around and you can find their in-game name, you can do: /mail send <in-game name> to send them a message, or you can contact a staff member and we'll fix it.  (If someone else damages your build, you can also contact staff and if the damage isn't too old, we can figure out who did it and fix it.)

I have unbanned you.  Welcome back to Hometown!