• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone still use the old server?
Now, I'm not suggesting that we should delete the old.hometownmc.com server world, but I'm just gonna ask:

Does anyone still go there?

Like, It's cool to be able to go back and look at all the old builds but is it worth keeping an entire world just to save a past that most people have moved on from? It's been like, two and a half years now?
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

I guess if frost is happy to pay for it, it can stay. I don't think many people go there tbh it is certainly dead.
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

I try and go there
Mostly to look at me and FireStars handbuilt volcano
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Some people go on there, but pretty rarely. Might take a backup and close it soon since it does cost a bit. Could have a backup and turn it on on request

(01-26-2019, 09:34 PM)Penguin Wrote: Now, I'm not suggesting that we should delete the old.hometownmc.com server world, but I'm just gonna ask:

Does anyone still go there?

Like, It's cool to be able to go back and look at all the old builds but is it worth keeping an entire world just to save a past that most people have moved on from? It's been like, two and a half years now?

We should be careful dismissing it entirely. It's a useful place, with some labours of love. I mean who could forget Florisse by Anchovies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Nxo6x-jCc

A great video. And a great build, on a great server!

Best regards and a belated happy Christmas and New Year from ole' wiseman.

Sorry i haven't been on at all. Been busy studying hard maintaining my first degree! Big Grin 

Best regards
Wise!

(01-28-2019, 04:31 AM)Wiseman738 Wrote: We should be careful dismissing it entirely. It's a useful place, with some labours of love. I mean who could forget Florisse by Anchovies? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Nxo6x-jCc

A great video. And a great build, on a great server!

Best regards and a belated happy Christmas and New Year from ole' wiseman.

Sorry i haven't been on at all. Been busy studying hard maintaining my first degree! :D 

Best regards
Wise!

I was NOT expecting to see a message from you, Wise. I think a long overdue catch-up is in order ;D

I'm in support of Frost's idea of hosting the world on demand; I wonder if it is possible to add it as a world on the current server? Then, it would only ever be loaded when people are actually there and we would only be paying for one server.

I'm not sure about the abilities of the various worlds plugins, but I believe it would be possible to host the old world with the same limitations that it currently has (i.e. noone can access containers or change blocks).
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Hahaha good to see you penguin. Yes i've been very busy with real life. Working exceedingly hard and doing very well. Hard work does pay, to a large extent! Wink

I like to pop on the ole' world now and again just to explore ole' builds, but ultimately I leave it to Frost to see what he does with it. It would be a shame to see it go, and we may be highlighting an issue (getting rid of it) that actually may not be much of an issue whatsoever.

The whole ole' 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' argument applies to a great many things! Smile

Best regards to all, glad to see HT is still kicking and doing well!
Wise.