• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#Music text channel on Discord
I haven't heard of a single person who doesnt like SOME type of music, I think people would be willing to share
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(02-28-2019, 06:53 AM)Penguin Wrote:
(02-27-2019, 10:00 PM)Anonymouse Wrote: says who

Well, both the artsy and animal-pics channels are active and have people posting to them every few days. They have a small base of followers, too. Meanwhile, there is limited interest in sharing music. It could work, but I haven't talked to anyone who is interested in having a permanent channel to share and discuss music. I don't think there are enough people to warrant having a dedicated channel for it, when it can easily be talked about in global chat both on the server and in the game.

A channel of people posting MP3s and youtube song links? Hell, I alone could fill it with content on a daily basis. People would love it and it would provide them a platform to share songs they've just discovered with others who might've heard them or would like to find them as well.
It's a prehistoric planet Morty.
Someone has to bring a little culture,
And It Certainly Can't Be SomeOne

WHO'S ENTIRE CULTURE POWERS MY BRAKE LIGHTS

(03-28-2019, 11:43 AM)I401 Wrote: A channel of people posting MP3s and youtube song links? Hell, I alone could fill it with content on a daily basis. People would love it and it would provide them a platform to share songs they've just discovered with others who might've heard them or would like to find them as well.
I, for one, would be very active in a #music channel, considering that I add on average about 4 songs to my spotify library every day. There is the music thread in off-topic, which I tried to keep active but has kinda died out since I'm the only person who uses it. I thought that perhaps a discord channel would be more successful because there are admittedly far more active members on the HT discord compared to the forums
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

Maybe we just need to revive the forums
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

(03-29-2019, 01:55 PM)Anonymouse Wrote: Maybe we just need to revive the forums

Forums have kinda died out ever since the release of Discord. The only major use they have any more is ban appeals, since every other purpose of forums (suggestions, announcements, off topic talk, forum games, etc etc) can be replaced easily with a discord text channel for the same purpose.

While I would love to see a forums revive, I can also accept the forums taking a back seat and letting discord have the majority of the playerbase's interest.

...Therefore explaining why I think a music text channel would be more successful than a forum thread :>

Personally I'd apprecate a music thread. It would make talking about music much easier as it's hard to keep track of when new posts are added to the music thread (something I've posted on like 3 times?).
Professional Land Remover

(01-28-2019, 11:27 PM)Penguin Wrote: We already have animal-pics and artsy, so why not a channel for appreciating music?

What if we added a music voice channel and rythem aswell.
It is I murdman!

(08-19-2019, 06:48 AM)Murdcraft Wrote:
(01-28-2019, 11:27 PM)Penguin Wrote: We already have animal-pics and artsy, so why not a channel for appreciating music?

What if we added a music voice channel and rythem aswell.

I personally see no use for the Rhythm bot because the audio is usually low quality, and Spotify is two clicks away, and if you have spotify you can link the music your listening to, but I do wish we had a music text channel
8/15/2015
7/29/2019
5/3/2022
2/14/2023

Plus, there's plug.dj for sharing music together, which you can use while in a call

And it's more fair than using the queue on rhythm or other discord bots, since it alternates djs after each song