• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: Zyllia

Reason for your ban: When I tried to sign in, it said I was banned for griefing. I'm not really sure what I did that was considered griefing. I did recently start a base in a new area and I was clearing lots and lots of sand and hills near a mooshroom area so maybe I might have cleared something that was placed by another player but I'm not sure what it was. One thing that comes to mind is a pile of iron I found on the ground, that I thought was a random rare find of some sort.

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: I'm pretty new to this game, I played a tiny bit a long time ago on another server but I only recently (couple months) have gotten really into the game, I wasn't sure what griefing meant at first. My understanding is that it means to destroy something another person has placed, and if I was destroying hills that another person built than I'm very sorry and I can rebuild what I pulled down if necessary. Sometimes I have trouble deciphering what is human placed vs. computer generated so now that I think of it, I can see how I might have ruined something that was made by some one else. 

Why do you want to come back: The last time I started to try out this game I joined a server that was kind of overrun with a lot of elitist type players and I couldn't get into it. This server is much more welcoming and tight- knit, and I've been very much enjoying it. I've gotten farther into the game now and discovered many things I hadn't the first time. I'm still learning, I think this a great server and I feel embarrassed that I did something stupid and am now banned. I'd like to undo it. I'll abandon the new base I created if it means I can come back. 

Since you say you have trouble deciphering what is human-placed vs. computer-generated, I have included the following screenshot of the area you griefed for reference:

https://imgur.com/0BBNeK1

The wood plank structure seen in the bottom right of the screenshot is human-placed, which you tore down roughly 2 hours prior to building your house there in the background.

I would like you to answer the following questions before I consider unbanning you:

1) Are you allowed add to or remove blocks placed by another player?

2) If you accidentally break blocks placed by another player, what should you do?

3) If you come across something that seems to be a random rare find of some sort on the ground that does not belong to you, what should you do?

4) If you're not sure if your actions are allowed or not on the server, what should you do?

5) What have you learned from this experience?

Ah yes I do remember breaking that down. To me that hut looks more similar to some of the houses in the npc villages. Sorry for the confusion.

1. No
2. Replace the blocks the way they were, or contact a staff member to undo the damage if its possible.
3. Had to do some research for this one because I honestly don't know enough about the game. I've found a chest in a cave before that I know wasn't put there by a player cause the contents were all unstacked and random looking so I assumed that other things I found could be like that too. But I guess it looks like this game doesn't spawn things like that iron on the ground so my answer is I should leave things alone unless I know they're natural.
4. Ask staff or other players that are more experienced on the server.
5. I won't be breaking down any structures anymore because even the simple looking hut- like ones are usually made by players too and since not every structure is claimed, I might be breaking down something some one made.

One small note, if you do ever accidentally break something, please don't fix it yourself. Just tell staff it was an accident and they can reverse it.

If ever you're not sure about something, just ask Smile

You're unbanned, welcome back!