• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal - RyanHaidarali
(note: sorry if my english here is bad, it's not my first language and ive been tweaking the sentences here and there so hope its ok)

Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): SMP

Minecraft name: RyanHaidarali

Reason for your ban: the reason given was "disrespect to staff"
Who banned you: Woozie

Why should you be unbanned: I came off wrong in my messages in the chat and it was entirely my fault, I never intended any disrespect, I was just careless and foolish with my words and let my hubris get the better of me for a little bit that night. I really apologize for the drama I caused, I sent a lot of messages to the general chat (about 40 minutes b4 being banned) asking why I had been kicked because I had been kicked and was upset by it. I acted immaturely and I apologize for it. I realized it shortly thereafter though that I shouldn't be acting this way and stopped sending messages in the chat after that (except for a few messages here and there that were just about essential things, like questions about warps) because I had already learned my lesson and didn't want to cause any further trouble. 

Just to give you context, I'll walk you through what happened leading up to that point, briefly. 
I come on to my favorite server to forget about some things. I go to an end city for the first time and I thought it was cool so I did /tpahere to a few ppl in case they wanted to see it too. I got one message from Spectre that I thought was rude and this annoyed me because I was thinking I had extended him an invitation and nothing else. I brushed it off with a silly response, which he didn't enjoy, and I should've stopped messaging him there but we went back and forth a few more times. It was nothing too bad and this wasn't super relevant to my ban (I don't believe he's staff so I don't think the ban was referring to him), but I still want to apologize for this exchange because it was immature of me and I won't do it again.
    I got kicked after this for the reason "we have socialspy" and the whole thing really upset me because at the time I believed I had done nothing wrong (admittedly I was being obnoxious) and had no bad intentions (which is true, but I was still being obnoxious). I also didn't full understand the reason for why I was kicked, so I asked in the main chat why I got kicked and didn't get any reply so I gave up. I just played on the server in basically silence for the next 40 minutes or so (I think) until the admin (DeadZone) messaged me saying "hey people have been complaining about your /tells" and I explained to him in a following pm by saying that these complaints were bs because it was just one person I had been messaging (Spectre) where there was an issue. In the message I also noted that he could check the chat logs for proof of what I as saying. I then got banned immediately for "disrespect to staff" - I'm not sure if the ban was because I used the word 'bs' (the ban happened right after I typed that line so I figured that must've been what it was referring to) but if so, I am very sorry because I did not mean bs in a disrespectful way, I was saying that the complaints about the /tells were bs because it was just one exchange and the proof was in the logs. 
I apologize for my pride as well, because it led me to defend myself in the chat and in some /msgs with people because I was upset about being kicked. I'm sorry overall. 
The bottom line is this:
A. I didn't mean any disrespect or harm, I just want to spread positivity on the server and have a good time 
B. I'm willing to swallow my pride and I'm very very sorry for any disrespect I caused to the staff, I don't mean any disrespect to anybody on the server. I'm very sorry and I promise that I will not cause any disrespect to staff again.
C. I'm sorry to Woozis, I'm sorry to Spectre, I'm sorry to the Admin DeadZone, and I'm sorry to anyone else who was annoyed/ felt disrespected by me. Woozis in particular, who I didn't always take as seriously as I should have. I will make an effort to be extra respectful to all staff and players going forwards. I'm very sorry ma'am, and I also promise to not make rude/generally not pleasant comments in general on the server in the future. I will strive to be a model player and will follow all the rules always

Why do you want to come back: In the short time I've spent on this server, I've finally found a reason to love Minecraft again for the first time in years. The community on this server is so wonderful and inviting that this server alone has given me back my childhood joy and I am very lucky to have found this server with my friend, and have gotten to reignite a spark long lost. I also have been a good player (save a mistake I won't repeat) and have contributed to the community with a lot of time and effort invested already, starting up what I hope will be a nice little town that already has some great people building amazing things. Basically what I'm saying is that the reason for my ban, disrespect to staff, is something you won't have to worry about from me in the future because I didnt intend to cause disrespect and I'm sorry that I was disrespectful, I'm not a disrespectful person and I won't be disrespectful in the future. It will be nothing but positivity from me going forward. But if I don't get unbanned, it'll be a greater loss for me than you know. This server means a lot to me, please don't boot me out over a small mistake. 

PS: I hope my apology was sufficient. If you help me to understand what you were referring to in particular when you were referring to the disrespect, I can give a more specific apology about that. 
[url=https://hometownmc.com/forums/member.php?action=emailuser&uid=4103][/url]

Over the course of the night, your attitude had been quite sour and despite receiving many warnings you continued to bother other players. Just so you were aware, the tipping point of your ban was when you started cussing out staff members in a direct message to yourself, making it quite obvious that you wanted us to see it.

However, it seems quite obvious that you are truly apologetic. I appreciate the amount of effort you put into this appeal, as well as your honesty.

My apologies for the late reply. You have been unbanned.

Welcome back!
[Image: g2NnfopJTvWZE_YwIlgVCA.png]