• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Rank System Official Announcement
(12-27-2015, 02:12 AM)Beo Wrote: I agree with Lowri. I am Experienced right now; a former AdvPlayer. Do I have to get 200 more votes or just 90 to rank up to Advanced?

I see how this system does have upsides and downsides for sure. I do believe that this system devalues ranks. For me, being Experienced means absolutely nothing compared to Regular or Rookie. I feel as if I am voting (other than just to support the server as I previously did) to rank up to the point where I have the chance to be acknowledged for my contributions to the community by being manually promoted to Expert; being promoted one step up to Advanced would not mean a whole lot. This devaluing may be improved once you guys implement privileges, though.

That being said, I can understand how this system filters out the players who have been playing the longest, making it easier for staff to choose people for promotions.

Also, at what point does your title show the rank instead of [VIP]?

Final question; do you mean to say that occasionally, staff will promote from Advanced to Expert as they see fit?

Thanks for the info, Frost Smile

I completely agree with Beo on this.

Messages In This Thread
New Rank System Official Announcement - by frost - 12-27-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: New Rank System Official Announcement - by Sarah - 12-27-2015, 02:42 AM