Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban Appeal
Server you were banned on (SMP/Discord): smp.hometownmc.com

Minecraft name: Trolling_Thunder

Reason for your ban: theft

Who banned you: melaniebeedot

Why should you be unbanned: I walked into a huge area with some open chests, I didn't realize that taking from the chests was prohibited as there were no signs. I will return all items.

Why do you want to come back: My friend is on the server and we were wanting to build and open up a shop together.

I should also mention that I have always played on anarchy servers, so when my friend introduced me to this one I assumed similar rules applied when in unprotected areas. My bad, won't happen again.

In addition I should add that my friend Krazeetaco had nothing to do with it, he was at work so at the very least please don't hold him responsible. Thanks.

Let me first address your statement, "I didn't realize that taking from the chests was prohibited as there were no signs." with the following screenshot of the beginning of our tutorial when you first join the server:

https://imgur.com/9ksv1lo

Now, respond to the following questions in 1-2 complete sentences. Then, we will consider unbanning you.

1. Is HomeTown a) survival multiplayer b) anarchy or c) any other kind of server? hint: smp.hometownmc.com

2. What is griefing? Per our server rules, is it allowed?

3. If a player's build is not protected by a claim, does that make it fair game to steal from?

4. How does stealing affect our community? 

5. How does selling stolen items to a player shop affect our economy?

a.) To be fair, my friend asked me to teleport before I was able to fully read the tutorial, so that's my bad but not done with ill intention.

1.) Survival. I was linked to the server through a messenger chat and did not discover it on my own, so I truly was ignorant to the true nature of the server. Again, my fault, but not done will ill intent.

2.) I would define griefing as the intentional destruction and/or damage to another player's structures and items, and no it is not allowed. Yes stealing does fall into that, so I know it was probably not the most altruistic thing to do, but now that I know how seriously these matters are taken I will obviously not do it again (after all, now I know I'd just be immediately banned, so your point has been made crystal clear).

3.) Having read some of the other appeals, no. Having played on survival servers with protection plugins, I have always been under the impression that if something is not protected, it's probably been long abandoned and won't be missed. That is clearly not the case here.

4.) Thinking on it, yeah it would suck to get robbed by someone who waltzes into an area you didn't think to protect, so it is definitely a good call on your part to smack down on someone who does that. Getting repeatedly jacked would definitely encourage the anarchy server mindset of building 10,000,000 blocks away underground so as not to get spotted, which isn't what this server is about.

5.) It would certainly lead to some inflation, I shouldn't have done that, but I was tempted by the thought of infinite dollars (if i'm being totally honest). Definitely won't be fencing stolen goods anymore, especially with the way the server's economy is set up it would pretty quickly lead to a collapse.

Afterword) Whether or not I am unbanned, if at all possible would there be a way to transfer my legally-gotten gains to my friend (Krazeetaco)? If not I understand, but I feel sh*tty because I was the one selling off all of our legal goods and about 7,000$ worth of his stuff would be totally lost due to my acts. Thanks for listening.

For the record, the tutorial is the part before the quiz and you can't teleport anywhere until you've finished the quiz. If you'd like to review it, you can go to /warp tutorial, or you can do /rules to review the rules.

We do have a protection plugin where players can claim their build to protect it from grief, however, some players build quite large and cannot afford to claim all of their builds at once. Luckily, griefing is not allowed regardless, so their builds still have the right to be safe from grief and theft.

Upon your return, you'll need to return any stolen items (that you haven't already sold) to melaniebeedot or to another staff member if i am not online. You've been unbanned, welcome back.