• Welcome to the new forums! Server IP: smp.hometownmc.com
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official Suggestions for New Ranks
Id love to do that but there are limitations to plugins. Something specific like that is really hard to make

Hmm ok, I did not think about how hard making plug ins like that are..
Mechanic, Landrover lover, dont let me near a welder and an oxy torch Big Grin

[Image: CZo9VnF.png]

Vip Ranks:
I can agree with most of what has been said, but I don't necessarily support changing the vip rank title at all.  I actually would like to see it merge with the actual rank.  Like so:

[Expert] [2] Cookie___Monster

Now for how we would change /list and /who:
(While we're at it, let's rearrange how /list is displayed too, so that it's sorted by rank).

Founder: [Founder] FrostVINCENT
Admin: [Admin] [2] Saiyaka
Mod: [Mod] [3] Lexsux
Enforcer: [Enforcer] Rowebot
Elite:
Veteran:
Expert: [Expert] [2] Cookie___Monster
Adept:
Advanced:
Experienced:
Member:
Regular:
Rookie: [Rookie] cooperclone
Guest:

I think you get the picture.  If you have vip, you just have a simple [number] next to your current rank.  The number is clearly based on what vip you bought.

Basically what I am saying is that we just somewhat abolish the vip rank (unlike what Veo said about completely getting rid of the vip prefix).  This would also allow people to know not only what rank of vip they are, but what actual rank they have (like experienced, elite, etc.).

I firmly believe that vip should not grant any 'extra-step' into the voting system.  If you buy vip  a day after you join the server, you should still be a [Rookie].

(I have no idea if this would be too hard to accomplish or not)

Perks:
I honestly have no idea how people without vip have survived with less than 3 sethomes.  I basically agree with Beo on this.  As for /co i, I can't see any harm coming from this being used by [Adept]+; that is unless it would lag the databases (or whatever) with so many people using it.
[Image: uQjg3ot.jpg]
Cookie___Monster

What about adding playtime into the equation?

Playtime and voting would add to rank up points - reach a specific number of rank up points and you get promoted.

For example, 1 hour of playtime would be 1 point, and 1 vote would be 5 points.

This means that voting can exponentially speed up the rank up process, but it's only optional. If you just want to play the game, you can just play the game and still (albeit slowly) rank up.

Right now, I don't think that the vote based system works. It doesn't reward people for being active, you just have to log in once a day, vote on all 3 sites, and leave.
Of course, it helps the server, so making it not count at all wouldn't fix anything. A way to reward people for being active and helping the server via votes is to make them both count.

Players will be marked AFK if they are inactive for 5 minutes. However, since AFKing for longer than 5 minutes is a VIP perk anyways, this would be bypassed by players using AFK machines.
They are technically moving, so the server would not mark them as AFK.

But let me ask you this, what do you press to make your character move manually? A key.
What do you not do when you're in an AFK machine that moves you? You don't press any keys. You're Away From Keyboard, you're not pressing anything.

A way to get around people just having Minecraft open in another window while in an AFK machine and getting playtime is to mark players as AFK if the last key press was over 5 minutes ago.

This would mean that you would actually need to be playing on the server for your playtime to count.

With an incentive to play on the server and an even stronger incentive to vote (5 hours worth of points plus money for clicking a button), what could possibly go wrong?

...Okay, a lot can go wrong. It's not a perfect system, but I'm just throwing this out there.

Except, you could easily tape down the forward key and then walk away as well. Not to mention, is there even a way to track key presses of players?

(01-04-2016, 10:37 AM)Cookie___Monster Wrote: Vip Ranks:
I can agree with most of what has been said, but I don't necessarily support changing the vip rank title at all.  I actually would like to see it merge with the actual rank.  Like so:

(While we're at it, let's rearrange how /list is displayed too, so that it's sorted by rank).

Elite:
Veteran:
Adept:
Advanced:
Experienced:
Member:
Regular:
Guest:

I think you get the picture.  If you have vip, you just have a simple [number] next to your current rank.  The number is clearly based on what vip you bought.

Basically what I am saying is that we just somewhat abolish the vip rank (unlike what Veo said about completely getting rid of the vip prefix).  This would also allow people to know not only what rank of vip they are, but what actual rank they have (like experienced, elite, etc.).

I firmly believe that vip should not grant any 'extra-step' into the voting system.  If you buy vip  a day after you join the server, you should still be a [Rookie].

Perks:
I honestly have no idea how people without vip have survived with less than 3 sethomes.  I basically agree with Beo on this.  As for /co i, I can't see any harm coming from this being used by [Adept]+; that is unless it would lag the databases (or whatever) with so many people using it.

I highly agree with cookie's idea. I think it is brilliant and I will support it.
Thanks for reading my post :3

- Became Trusted rank in April 2015

(01-12-2016, 01:20 AM)thatguy3339 Wrote: Except, you could easily tape down the forward key and then walk away as well. Not to mention, is there even a way to track key presses of players?

Programming wise, this would be easy. If the same key is pressed down for a number of minutes, the player is marked as AFK.

Theoretically, you could hook up a key listener that notes the server time per key press.

if {isKeyPress == true; serverTime >= lastKeyPressTime + 5} {
    isAFK = true
}

(12-27-2015, 02:45 AM)Beo Wrote:
(12-27-2015, 02:36 AM)Lowri Wrote: Love everything you said Beo, well said that man  Big Grin

Thanks, I'm glad you agree!
(Also, *woman, not man Tongue)

Also, ty Turbo Smile

dont lie rachel, i will whale you for your disobedience.

Just an idea:

How about people donate for specific perks, instead of vip ranks. Perks like /fly would be more costly than less game-changing perks such as /nick. That way, there are no vip 'ranks' but the perks still exist.

Alternatively, if the ranks do stay, how about a perk where vips can switch between their vip and player ranks? i am not sure if this is possible, but if it is it could be implemented.
[Image: P4HqY8y.png]

how do your brains come up with this xD... so much genius lol

(01-12-2016, 02:51 PM)JoBot2014 Wrote:
(01-04-2016, 10:37 AM)Cookie___Monster Wrote: Vip Ranks:

Elite:
Veteran:
Adept:
Advanced:
Experienced:
Member:
Regular:
Guest:

Perks:

I highly agree with cookie's idea. I think it is brilliant and I will support it.

I love this idea. I think this would be perfect. I had my VIP2 tag chaged back to member because I want to show I am still supporting the server by voting, but this would be brilliant. Just a little number to show VIP ranks and Rank - this would be really good.
The world has moved on, they say...